Solved EDL - Scene Marker
I did EDL file for 'Cut' action - it works for me fine.
But I'm not able to create Scene Marker.

Also 'Showing EDL Information During Playback¨by pressing 'o' don't show me anything about EDL.
@roze

It is working fine for me. Explain what you have done.
1. Post a copy of your scene marker EDL file,
2. How did you map the keyboard controls for NextScene & PreviousScene keystrokes?

See the wiki for more instructions... https://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
First... I'm newbie to Kodi.
I have Kodi 18.4 on Win10. When I play MKV with integrated chapters I can go around this chapters by Up/Down key - that's OK.

I created very simple EDL for other video (now, without chapters):
1      15      0
1      3:00  2
4:00  4:15  2

Kodi skip introductory 15 sec  (OK)
but does not respond for Up/Down key (Scene Marker) 

CTRL-SHIFT-O does not show me anything about EDL  :-(

What's wrong with my case?
@roze

(2019-11-10, 13:55)roze Wrote: I created very simple EDL for other video (now, without chapters):
1      15      0
1      3:00  2
4:00  4:15  2
EDL contains some errors. The "Cut" entry is fine as it has a start and end time. Scene Markers contain a single time as you cannot have a start and end time for a scene marker. Kodi should be able to work around that though, but even so, you should do it right.

(2019-11-10, 13:55)roze Wrote: but does not respond for Up/Down key (Scene Marker) 
I am still not sure you have added the correct keystroke entry to the keyboard.xml file which is a non-default entry. It has to be added, which I don't think you did.

(2019-11-10, 13:55)roze Wrote: CTRL-SHIFT-O does not show me anything about EDL  :-(
What makes you think it should? I am not aware of any on-screen display about EDL information.

Please provide a Debug Log which captures you playing the movie and using the skipping and seeking of the EDL. Ensure debug mode is enabled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I change my EDL to:
1      55      0
3:00  2
4:00   2

here is my f:\Users\ro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\gen.xml:
<keymap><playercontrols><keyboard><key id="61555">nextscene</key><key id="61556">previousscene</key></keyboard></playercontrols></keymap>

I'm confused CTRL-SHIFT-O and 'O' in my former report...
   from wiki... Information about the EDL ... Typically this is shown by pressing O on a keyboard
but when I press 'O' nothing diplayed about EDL

Debug log paste is here https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vCqqVpzrdF/
@roze

Thanks.
I can see your EDL file is being correctly recognised as shown in the log at line 756...
xml:
DEBUG: CEdl::ReadEditDecisionLists - Checking for edit decision lists (EDL) on local drive or remote share for: smb://DS218/video/Navijeni_fragment_z_DVD.avi
DEBUG: CEdl::AddCut - Pushing new cut to back [00:00:01.000 - 00:00:55.000], 0
DEBUG: CEdl::AddSceneMarker - Inserting new scene marker: 00:03:00.000
DEBUG: CEdl::AddSceneMarker - Inserting new scene marker: 00:04:00.000
DEBUG: CEdl::ReadEdl - Read 1 cuts and 2 scene markers in EDL file: smb://DS218/video/Navijeni_fragment_z_DVD.edl

(2019-11-11, 22:00)roze Wrote: I'm confused CTRL-SHIFT-O and 'O' in my former report...
from wiki... Information about the EDL ... Typically this is shown by pressing O on a keyboard
but when I press 'O' nothing diplayed about EDL
I see that in the wiki, but I don't see any display of this information either. I wonder if @phunkyfish might shed some light on this issue as I notice he recently updated the wiki page (thanks).

(2019-11-11, 22:00)roze Wrote: here is my f:\Users\ro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\gen.xml:
<keymap><playercontrols><keyboard><key id="61555">nextscene</key><key id="61556">previousscene</key></keyboard></playercontrols></keymap>
Sorry, I am not familiar with the gen.xml Can you explain what that is? Are you using a keyboard or remote control?

On another note, I notice you have audio problems. It might be wise to change away from DirectSound and use WASAPI instead... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio
My Signature
I run Kodi on Win10, so I'm using classic PC keyboard - no remote control.

f:\Users\ro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\gen.xml is generated output from Kodi Keymap add-on for NextScene and PreviousScene action.
I'm not familiar with mapping keys, I guess there might be a problem here :-( .
I try to map these action on Numpad '4' and '6' key. It's my first key mapping - any suggestion to change?

First I would like to solve the problem with EDL, I have no problem with the sound right now.
(2019-11-11, 22:42)roze Wrote: I'm not familiar with mapping keys, I guess there might be a problem here :-( .
I try to map these action on Numpad '4' and '6' key. It's my first key mapping - any suggestion to change?
I think so. Delete your gen.xml then follow these steps
  1. Go to D:\V\Kodi\system\keymaps\
  2. Copy the file keyboard.xml
  3. Paste the file in F:\Users\ro\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\  <<-- This is the file you edit from now on.
  4. Add the following code then restart Kodi

In the <FullscreenVideo> <keyboard> section, add
xml:
<4>NextScene</4>
<6>PreviousScene</6>

Let us know if that works
My Signature
Bingo!! Scene Marker works now:-).
Thank you for your help.
Great. I'll mark this thread marked solved.

If I, or anyone else, figures out the EDL display we will post here. The thread is still open.
My Signature
I would like to see clarified the description  in wiki - the part showing EDL Information During Playback.
Currently, if I press 'O' nothing diplayed about EDL. It is nothing important, e. g. just write it is not possible.
Will do. But first I want to make sure that is not the case, and not some bug that has crept in and can be fixed.
My Signature
@ksooo

Hoping you can provide some assistance. The OP is asking about displaying EDL information. The wiki states that this information is available from the Codec info display - o or crl-o... https://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_lis...g_Playback I assume this is for v18.

1. Is there any display of EDL information for v18? Nothing is displayed when using o or ctrl-o

I found your PR here for v19... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15767 and wanted to test for the OP. I found the following..
This is the log... https://paste.kodi.tv/ugomuyetuv.kodi

2. My EDL file is correctly read from the log (line 889)...
xml:
DEBUG: CEdl::ReadEditDecisionLists - Checking for edit decision lists (EDL) on local drive or remote share for: F:\HTPC Movies from TV\Expendables (2010)\Expendables (2010).mkv
DEBUG: CEdl::AddSceneMarker - Inserting new scene marker: 00:03:00.000
DEBUG: CEdl::AddSceneMarker - Inserting new scene marker: 00:04:19.000
DEBUG: CEdl::AddSceneMarker - Inserting new scene marker: 00:04:52.000
DEBUG: CEdl::AddCut - Pushing new cut to back [00:10:00.000 - 00:15:00.000], 0
DEBUG: CEdl::AddSceneMarker - Inserting new scene marker: 00:31:23.000
DEBUG: CEdl::ReadEdl - Read 1 cuts and 4 scene markers in EDL file: F:\HTPC Movies from TV\Expendables (2010)\Expendables (2010).edl

3. Skipping causes Kodi to hang. There are a lot of WaitForBuffer-timeout waiting for buffer warnings. See above log. I have no problem skipping or seeking these same movies in v18.4

4. Chapter markers are not shown. See image...
My Signature
@roze

The EDL information was removed in v17 and v18. It is coming back for v19 as you can see from my previous post.

I will update the wiki now.
My Signature
wow, Jesus, I don't believe my eyes...
I'm from Czech Republic, we have proverb... impossible immediately and wonders within three days
and you did it in less two days :-)
I'm looking forward for v19
thank you so much again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDL - Scene Marker0