Legacy Smart TV-Box
Hi, I purchased a Kodi device a few years ago and the name on the device is "Legacy Smart TV-Box".  This worked fine and then I could not get any updates and it appears that the website, company and phone number are no longer valid.

My question is - Can I still use this device by installing from scratch a newer version of Kodi or would it be best to build a new device or just purchase a new supported Kodi device ?

Thanks for any assistance,
Richard Lewis
(2019-11-13, 06:05)relewis49 Wrote: and the name on the device is "Legacy Smart TV-Box"

That's a way too generic name to find any specific details for.

(2019-11-13, 06:05)relewis49 Wrote: or would it be best to build a new device or just purchase a new supported Kodi device ?

Technology moves on, I have no idea what your wishes are. If 4K is a future requirement, if a Gigabit port is must...
You'll need to make that list first.
(2019-11-13, 06:05)relewis49 Wrote: Hi, I purchased a Kodi device a few years ago and the name on the device is "Legacy Smart TV-Box".  This worked fine and then I could not get any updates and it appears that the website, company and phone number are no longer valid.

My question is - Can I still use this device by installing from scratch a newer version of Kodi or would it be best to build a new device or just purchase a new supported Kodi device ?

Thanks for any assistance,
Richard Lewis
Hi Richard, 
I also have a Legacy 4K smart box.  We bought it in 2018 which I don't think makes it terribly old, but old.  We haven't used it in awhile, but now nothing works.  I can get the screens and it says it's downloading, but then nothing appears.  Can't get the updates and just get a message saying Check Failed! Check OTA Servier Argent (whoever that is).  Evidently this box is an Android format, but I can't get help either.  The website I had no longer exists, the number is a fax, but I did get a response from someone via email and then they ghosted when I asked for help.  Any ideas or help out there would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Legacy Smart TV-Box0