can't get Kodi 18.3 to recognize custom .NFO file
Hi, I'm trying to create a tvshow.nfo file that will allow me to add a couple of home videos to my Kodi library. I thought I'd created it correctly, but I guess I haven't, since it's not showing when I run Update Library Smile Can anyone have a look and tell me where I'm going wrong? Right now it looks like this:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>2019 USAPA National Championships</title>
    <showtitle>2019 USAPA National Championships</showtitle>

<plot>Dave played in the 2019 USAPA National Championships, and his first match was on Championship Court! Check out the pickleball action as Dave and his partner Chris Kay (who stepped in at the last minute to replace Dave's scheduled partner, Jacob Johanntges, whose flight was cancelled last minute) go for gold! There are two clips of the match--one is the webcam view, which has no audio; the other is the live cameras at the courts, which contains audio but unfortunately only shows the second game of the match due to a technical glitch at the venue.</plot>
    <fanart>
    <thumb aspect="fanart" preview="fanart.jpg">fanart.jpg</thumb>
    <thumb aspect="poster" type="season" season="0" language="en">poster.png</thumb>
    </fanart>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <lastplayed></lastplayed>
    <year>2019</year>
    <status></status>
    <code></code>
    <aired></aired>
    <trailer></trailer>
</tvshow>
I have created a folder in my TVSHOWS directory called "2019 USAPA National Championships". Inside that folder I have two video files, as well as the two image files I referenced in the tvshow.nfo file.

Can anyone point me to where I'm going wrong? Thanks!
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
What did you name the nfo file?

The image entries are not required. If the images are in the folder and correctly named (which they are) then Kodi will see them before it sees the entry in the nfo file.

See the template here which should make it easier for you... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows#Template_nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-13, 23:47)Karellen Wrote: What did you name the nfo file?

The image entries are not required. If the images are in the folder and correctly named (which they are) then Kodi will see them before it sees the entry in the nfo file.

See the template here which should make it easier for you... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows#Template_nfo
I named it "tvshow.nfo" and placed it in the "2019 USAPA National Championships" folder.
One reason would be the file encoding. Check it is in UTF-8 format...

Another reason is that there are no episodes. Did you create nfo files for the episodes also? Enable setting 3.6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos then check your library to see if the show is in the library. It probably has zero episodes.

If it is not either of those, then a Debug Log which captures you scanning the show will reveal what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-13, 23:56)Karellen Wrote: TOne reason would be the file encoding. Check it is in UTF-8 format...

Another reason is that there are no episodes. Did you create nfo files for the episodes also? Enable setting 3.6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos then check your library to see if the show is in the library. It probably has zero episodes.

If it is not either of those, then a Debug Log which captures you scanning the show will reveal what the problem is.

Thanks...I got Kodi to detect it in my library (you were right, it was because I hadn't created an .nfo file for the episodes). However, oddly, it only found one "episode" (there are two), and shows "Season 20" and "2009" as the season and year, rather than "Season 1" and "2019". But that's clearly something on my end with the .nfo files for those two home videos, so I'll go have a peek through them. Thanks again!
The Season and Episode are not read from the NFO file. They come from the filename. Check the episode template on the same wiki page I linked above.

Rename your file with the correct SxxEyy format.

Maybe something like this is better suited S2019E01
My Signature
Great! That's pretty much got it working after I renamed to S2019E01 etc. The only thing left to fix is that underneath the season poster art, underneath the title "Season 2019", it says "2009" for some reason rather than 2019. Not sure where to fix that..
Can you post a screenshot of that?
My Signature
(2019-11-14, 00:56)Karellen Wrote: Can you post a screenshot of that?
I can't right now unfortunately...at work. However, let me see if I can describe it better.

I'm using the Aeon Nox Silvo mod skin. In that skin's "Shift" mode, when you click to go into a TV show, it shows a poster art for each season. My poster art shows with the words "Season 1" underneath it--that's the season title. And under that, in slightly smaller text, is what I presume is the year that the season aired--each season for all my TV shows displays a year (each one different obviously, depending on what year the season aired). For this "show", the year "2009" is displayed, which of course I would like to be "2019".

I've looked in the tvshow.nfo file and the .nfo file for each of the two individual videos I have. I have <year>2019</year> in all three of them; no other reference to any type of year or date.
You most likely need this for the "Season 1" issue... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename

The 2009 issue coming from your nfo file somewhere. Maybe a typ-o and you typed 2009 instead of 2019?

The Season date is set by the aired date of the first episode in the season. Use this tag with date in that format... <aired>2018-02-26</aired>

Also, the <year></year> tag you used is not correct. Use <premiered>2015-03-17</premiered>

You would be safer copying the template and using it.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't get Kodi 18.3 to recognize custom .NFO file0