TVShow graphics not cleaned
(2019-11-13, 18:02)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 16:47)Video Titles Wrote: I have even gone in to the skin directory and manually downloaded a graphic and then replaced the old graphic with the new and tried reloading and the old is there. 
@Video Titles Kodi caches art, there are good performance reasons for that but the cache management process does cause issues for users that expect to see immediate art changes. Changes to the content of a local image file will not be loaded until the image is displayed on screen a day after the last cached art check for that image. 

Sadly I have to address a graphical issue which is not being solved, this happens in TV shows and not in album fanart, say for example I have TV Show A the graphics etc were scrapped, however I had finished watching that show. I need some hard drive space, so I delete the show from the hard drive, I update and clean the library. The graphics for the TV show are gone, but now I am left with a grey folder looking icon even after days that has still not cleared from any cache.

Sadly a lot of issues have crept into newer versions of Kodi, that were not there previously from say 15. I know you guys and gals are pushing the boundaries on Kodi, but from previous stable releases bugs and errors have crept in with 18. I think 17 was the last release that was stable. 18 has been the most unstable build ever released by the Kodi team.

However, I can understand that you have pushed new features and upgrades, so bound to get a few bugs.
@Video Titles this is split off from a thread on album fanart as unrelated
(2019-11-13, 21:34)Video Titles Wrote: 18 has been the most unstable build ever released by the Kodi team.
That is a very broad statement and of no practical use to anyone. If intended as factual then what is your evidence? If intended as rhetoric then what kind of response do you expect or positive outcome?

Kodi is the huge success it is because of the volunteers that develop and support it, and because of the user enthusiasts that test, give accurate feedback and encourage those volunteers.

Report the issues you find clearly and concisely, help to make Kodi better, but comments like that do no good whatsoever.

Sorry I can not help with your TVshow art issue.
(2019-11-13, 21:34)Video Titles Wrote: I need some hard drive space, so I delete the show from the hard drive, I update and clean the library.

That's the wrong way to do it.  You should highlight the TV show to be removed, get the context menu up on it and choose 'Manage...'.  Then choose "Remove from library" and answer yes when asked if you really want to remove it.  Then you can delete it from HDD.   If you remove the show(s) correctly using the built in management tools then you won't get these issues.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVShow graphics not cleaned0