Next Up for a playlist
I love this skin. The layout and functionality are amazing.

I really like the Next Up feature where it will play the next available episode for the in progress tv shows. 

Is there a way to get this functionality based on a playlist? I would like to keep the kids tv shows separate from my tv shows but have it displayed with the Next Up functionality.
The UpNext addon should honor the created playlist
Embuary | Skin | Helper | Info | Repo | GitHub
(2019-11-15, 18:56)sualfred Wrote: The UpNext addon should honor the created playlist

Apologies. What I was looking for was something that I just found was already asked in the embuary.helper: 2895461 (post)

It looks like you've replied and said that it's not an option. 

I was looking at script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/plugin_content.py and saw that it checks for self.tag and then appends that to the filter.

Would it also be possible to send in a smart playlist by name, open the smartPlaylist.xml, parse it to get the attributes into a struct, and then append those attributes to the filter var? 

My python isn't all that great but I'm willing to give it a shot if you think that that could work.
Ah, you mean the Next Up widget.
No it does not work with playlists, because they are not part of the library. And smart playlists are just filter rules.
Embuary | Skin | Helper | Info | Repo | GitHub
(2019-11-15, 20:25)sualfred Wrote: Ah, you mean the Next Up widget.
No it does not work with playlists, because they are not part of the library. And smart playlists are just filter rules.
I looked in embuary.helper and got this to sort of work by editing resources/lib/plugin_content.py.

I added the following to the init:

self.playlist = remove_quotes(params.get('playlist'))
self.playlist_filter = {'operator': 'is', 'field': 'playlist', 'value': self.playlist}

and then in getnextup (approximately line 370)

if self.playlist:
            filters.append(self.playlist_filter)

I then went into widgets and added a custom widget >> Custom item and added the following:
plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&playlist=myTVPlaylist&reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]

This doesn't work and it brings back all TV shows.

If I use self.playlist_filter = {'operator': 'is', 'field': 'playlist', 'value': 'myTVPlaylist'} in plugin_content.py it works and brings back just the in progress shows from that playlist. 

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. When I log(self.playlist_filter) it shows that the playlist value that I'm passing is there. It seems like the json_query is ignoring it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next Up for a playlist00