• 28(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-05-23, 15:07)Varstahl Wrote: <rant>Or, you know, you could crack the entire stream, download and watch 4k on PC, and not have a care in the world since it's actually easier. I fucking despise this kind of DRMs.</rant>

I totally understand and validate this rant ! Smile

Maybe streamline the android/webplayer solution for PC users to at least have FHD ? Whaddayasay ?
We have the remote control for this specific instance, which is also platform independent now, although I've never used it personally. I don't really know what can be done.

I was in the middle of working on this issue with peak3d when we got slapped in the face with this challenge. There could be an option for Windows 10 to get back FHD and maybe 4K, but I didn't have a chance to investigate it yet and peak3d's busy with other things nowadays, so that went nowhere. We know it might be possible, we don't know if we can actually make it.
(2020-05-22, 15:55)rob_l12 Wrote: I'm assuming you're not one of those people who've chosen not to upgrade to the latest system version, but again I don't think that would make a difference in this case. 
It actually could make a difference. I don't have a Shield, but its Widevine DRM certificate was revoked a few months ago and an update was released to fix the issue (for both the 2015 and 2017 model). Some native apps may use PlayReady DRM instead, though Kodi would likely fail to play any DRM-protected content if you haven't updated yet, so maybe that's not the issue.
Thank you so much for the addon!

I was wondering if there's any way to export a full folder to the library instead of exporting the movies one by one, that would be great.
(2020-05-30, 17:01)romangt Wrote: So reading and reading

Next time, please also read our VPN policy (wiki). Just in case.
Hi there,
It may sound strange but I can watch series but NOT films...
The weirdest thing is that films do actually sound but now show. So, the film starts but just its sound while I still see Kodi interface saying it's waiting.
Do you know what may be happening?
Thanks in advance.
does anyone know how to fix the error "CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec!"
I can't get this login properly - Inputstream is the default and everytime I enter my login credentials then the captcha I get a message saying a one-time password has been sent to my email yet I receive nothing in my inbox despite repeated attempts and constantly refreshing my email - nothing in spam folder either.

Windows 10 x64, Kodi Leia 18.3, Amazon VOD 0.8.5.

The Netflix plugin is working fine for me.
Is this thread supervised or something by the creator?
I installed the Sandmann79 Leia repo. But I am having a problem. The video addon's are empty! I can't see the Amazon VOD video add-on.
I tried the matrix repo too, but same result.

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3
Kodi Version: 16.1
I've bought 6x CoreElec Odroid N2 boxes. 4 will remain pure CoreElec KODI but 2 will be Android 9.0 (PIE) KODI because I needed to integrate the VirginTV Anywhere Android App to get TV to 2 of the 6 TV's in the house that can't have an actual Virgin Media Set Top Box. (Virgin limit each household to a maximum of 1 main and 3 mini multiroom boxes) So, anyway, that integration worked out as good as could be expected which is great. Andoird KODI can start Android apps, so I Favourited the VirginTV app and set it as a KODI Home Menu Item. Clicking the menu item instantly loads up the Virgin app and closing the Virgin app takes one back to the KODI main Menu. Some Android remotes I have on the way may allow conventional remote arrow key navigation within the Android Virgin app but even if they don't the Air mouse functionality will allow interaction with all the features of the Virgin app. It then occured to me that I might be able to do the same with my Netflix and Amazon VOD subs. Got both working but the mce test remote I am using for testing till the Android remotes arrive was having the same issue with not really allowing proper arrow key UI navigation within those apps, again having to use the touch pad mouse functionality of the test remote. While researching I learned there was actual Netflix and Amazon Add-ons. The Netflix one has worked perfectly from the getgo and its great to be able to navigate it with the remote like the rest of KODI and allso great to be able to use the lovely KODI Skin Views.

However, while the Amazon VOD Add-on is working, its taking an age to get from menu to sub menu to show to episode list, like its taking forever to cache the thumbnails and episode descriptions or something. I clicked on 'Amazon Original Series' for example and it took about a minute of spinning blue ring to get in but then I was able to browse the shows in Wall view snappily. However, then I clicked on Top TV and the blue ring has been spinning for about 20 minutes now and seems to be 'Loading Page 29' etc now. DO I just need to enter every Menu item to let it cache everything once and then going forwards when its only the odd new show or episode added, there won't be a delay or is something actually wrong and this is not normal behaviour of the add-on? If I can get the Amazon VOD add-on working, then I will be very close to having a fantastic little Box under the TV integrating VirginTV, Netflix and Amazon VOD under the KODI umbrella. My family has over a decade of KODI experience behind them so getting all these apps integrated into KODI will be fantastic and everyone will be able to access all our content be it Live TV, our 40TB Media Server content, Netflix and Amazon VOD without needing to call me because they've pressed the wrong button. Like I said, they are all proficient KODI UI users at this point.
(2020-06-04, 18:00)joie Wrote: Is this thread supervised or something by the creator?

Yes, although sometimes I forget to delete the notifications from the Kodi forums, so I don't get e-Mail updates, and forget to check the board for weeks. I read every single post, regardless.

(2020-06-05, 21:06)neelansh Wrote: Kodi Version: 16.1

It's way too old. You need at least Kodi 18 for it to be working reasonably, 19 is recommended.

(2020-05-31, 00:50)joie Wrote: The weirdest thing is that films do actually sound but now show. So, the film starts but just its sound while I still see Kodi interface saying it's waiting.

The only time I saw something similar happen is when you set "DRM override" or "Manual stream selection" in InputStream.Adaptive, and then problems come with the DRM. I'm not aware of other similar issues.

(2020-06-08, 22:07)calibos Wrote: However, then I clicked on Top TV and the blue ring has been spinning for about 20 minutes now and seems to be 'Loading Page 29' etc now. DO I just need to enter every Menu item to let it cache everything once and then going forwards when its only the odd new show or episode added, there won't be a delay or is something actually wrong and this is not normal behaviour of the add-on?

TL;DR: depends on what you're looking for.

I absolutely despise the way Amazon presents its content, so I use full scan all the time. Video metadata is cached after the first time, so in subsequent runs loading will speed up significantly. Still, depends on the network and CPU speed. On a Raspberry, for example, is unbearably slow.

For those slow instances you can decide where you want to respect Amazon's pagination. The setting is in the "PrimeVideo" addon settings, at the bottom of the list after "Amazon.TLD". "Watchlist" and "Search" pagination are self explainatory, Collection refers to sub-categories ("PrimeVideo exclusives", "Top rated movies", etc.), while the general categories are never paginated and always loaded without pagination.

Also, on the topic of video data cache, the addon is overly conservative. Since most of the Amazon series are added in an easily bingeable bulk, it never automatically rescans a series, regardless of how old it is. In those cases, if new episodes should be out, you need to manually refresh the season/TV Show from the contextual menu.
(2020-06-08, 22:46)Varstahl Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 18:00)joie Wrote:  
(2020-06-08, 22:07)calibos Wrote: However, then I clicked on Top TV and the blue ring has been spinning for about 20 minutes now and seems to be 'Loading Page 29' etc now. DO I just need to enter every Menu item to let it cache everything once and then going forwards when its only the odd new show or episode added, there won't be a delay or is something actually wrong and this is not normal behaviour of the add-on?

TL;DR: depends on what you're looking for.

I absolutely despise the way Amazon presents its content, so I use full scan all the time. Video metadata is cached after the first time, so in subsequent runs loading will speed up significantly. Still, depends on the network and CPU speed. On a Raspberry, for example, is unbearably slow.

For those slow instances you can decide where you want to respect Amazon's pagination. The setting is in the "PrimeVideo" addon settings, at the bottom of the list after "Amazon.TLD". "Watchlist" and "Search" pagination are self explainatory, Collection refers to sub-categories ("PrimeVideo exclusives", "Top rated movies", etc.), while the general categories are never paginated and always loaded without pagination.

Also, on the topic of video data cache, the addon is overly conservative. Since most of the Amazon series are added in an easily bingeable bulk, it never automatically rescans a series, regardless of how old it is. In those cases, if new episodes should be out, you need to manually refresh the season/TV Show from the contextual menu.
Wired Gigabit Network, 250/25mbit Cable Internet, Odroid N2 running Android 9.0 KODI off an SD Card for testing purposes. I have 16gb eMMC cards on the way for the two Odroid N2's I need to run with Android KODI (So I can use Android Virgin TV Anywhere Apps)

Turning off Pagination for 'Everything' seems to have speeded things up, however......

I think I mis-spoke earlier, it was the Amazone Android app that I managed to get content playing from, not this Amazon Add-on. When I click on a TV show episode for example the screen dims and the blue ring spins and the video never starts playing.

EDIT

Got distracted and now looking back at the screen with the ring still spinning I can see a nearly half full playback progress bar across the top of the screen (Skin is Aeon Nox Silvio btw)
That might depend on a number of factors. The easier test is to disable "MPD alteration proxy" and trying again. Also you might want to read here in regard to AVOD and Android playback.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2