• 3(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
can't update to 0.7.7 on kodi 19

maybe cause kodi 19 request python 3 addon ?
(2019-11-20, 04:57)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: I didn't have any issues with logging in with 2 step verification after updating but my watch list were all empty. I later discover that when I complete login i'm logged in as 0) instead of my name on the account, unlike Netflix I don't think Amazon supports multiple users for Prime Video. It does seem to be properly logged in as I can browse and play videos from other sections and of course watched status of things I've watched isn't shown.

Ok, that's a bit to clarify so let's go in order:
  1. depending on the situation there could have been a problem with the login or post-login. There's an option to refresh mostly any category or TV season/show, if the same user you use on primevideo.com has items in the watchlist, a refresh should fix it. If it doesn't, then there's a problem, and you should submit an issue on github along with your logfiles. To my knowledge there's no issue so far.
  2. there is some kind of multi user support if you enable it on the addon settings. Just like a web browser that can only be logged in as one user, the addon does a sort of trick that allows you to change users on the fly without having to logout/login every time.
  3. watch status at the moment is handled by Kodi, it's sort of a local cache. So if user A watched the movie X, when user B shows a list with the movie X, it will be marked as watched.

(2019-11-20, 13:22)Giangi Wrote: My only question is a little bit of documentation about the "View" settings from within the addon's config: is it just a different way to configure the "standard" Kodi's view settings?

Pretty much, yes. Using standard settings, by default everything is in WideList view.

The addon provides a simple way to override these settings on a more global scale instead of having to change every single folder by hand. It also supports custom views by ID, in case the skin you're using has some fancy ones that aren't in the standard views. The changes should be non destructive, so feel free to play around with them.

(2019-11-20, 13:22)Giangi Wrote: Btw, how to enable subtitle but only for "forced" one?

I'll point you to the FAQ, which has most answers. If I remember correctly in order for forced narrative to show up, you have to disable subtitles, and then they will show up (hence the forced in the name).

(2019-11-20, 13:28)Roby77 Wrote: can't update to 0.7.7 on kodi 19

@Roby77 that's probably because 0.7.7 is already outdated and no longer in the repository, current version is 0.7.8, try to refresh the repository.
Well I just went to look for the option to refresh category and found that on the first system I had updated my watch list is finally showing even with it showing user as 0) instead of my name.

I don't have multiple users enabled as I only have the 1 prime account in my house hold.

Would the update(I don't recall losing watch status in the past, I also updated Kodi to 18.5) have something to do with the cache getting cleared? 

I'm just glad it's working again(and that it didn't break like the Netlix add on when we got the Pie update on the Shield TV's several months back), I hate using the Amazon app if I ever need to skip forward/back and having to wait for Kodi to restart if it closes in the background while using the Amazon app.
Just a quick thanks for all you hard work on this add-on @Varstahl, family really happy that  0.7.8 is all up and working again!
Since 0.7.7 I can't get HD or Full HD resolution anymore, only 480 for both tv shows and movies.
Never happened before updates, I always played everything available in 1080 directly from InputStream.
Already tried reinstalling from scratch but no luck.
Am I the only one? Kodi 18.2 on Win 7 machine here
(2019-11-21, 06:08)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: Would the update(I don't recall losing watch status in the past, I also updated Kodi to 18.5) have something to do with the cache getting cleared?

There are two types of cache, what I called the "catalog" cache (listings of sections like you would see in a browser, list of movies and tv series) and "video data" cache (thumbnails, duration, posters, video stream URLs, number of episodes, synopses, etc). The general catalog cache, like the Watchlist, gets reset every ~11 hours, while the video data is more aggressively and permanently cached. For example, if a season is listed with 4 episodes and you go in the next week when the 5th is out, you will still see 4 episodes unless you refresh the season/tv show, because updating the cache is very expensive in terms of resources and bandwidth and very rarely useful. On the other hand, you would have seen that the brand new TV show that's been added the day before is correctly shown in the list of TV series, because the presence of the show in a certain category is only stored in the catalog cache.

I hope that this clears some of the confusion.

(2019-11-21, 10:53)EngineerPeter Wrote: Just a quick thanks for all you hard work on this add-on @Varstahl, family really happy that  0.7.8 is all up and working again!

Glad the family's happy Big Grin

(2019-11-21, 12:15)FlashOne Wrote: Since 0.7.7 I can't get HD or Full HD resolution anymore

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news for you, but you didn't get FHD, let alone HD, for almost a year now. HD is tied to HDCP, which Kodi can't provide, can't remember if FHD as well or if FHD straight up requires Google's hardware. Amazon went the opposite side of Netflix and bolted everything shut. Post and long a** thread for reference.
I'm having issues logging in: when I try I get an infinite spinning loading wheel. I'm using Kodi 18.4 on a RPi3 and the 0.7.8 version of the addon.
While I dabble in magic in my free time, I'm no scryer Smile

lease provide full logs.
0.7.8 works on Kodi 19

BUT

1)I got low resolution even if I have a 1 gbit connection

Example:mission impossible fallout

TV info display 1080p 24 ( I have in white list only 1080p mode)

But Kodi info display 960x520px 24p

Pixel format unknow

2) how can avoid loading all page of a category ?

Example: most popular film folder load all 50 pages so folder explore take some minutes to show

Thank you Varstahl for your hard work
Hi guys,

Was about to create a character issue for version 0.7.6, but looks like it is already fixed and available in 0.7.8! Thanks a lot for the good work Smile
Just two comments on the package:
  • On the first installation, I have to install extra stuff to read video. This worked perfectly smoothly, I just had to restart Kodi before I can play any video. Maybe worthy a note on that in the installation screens? (this was for 0.7.6 installation, not tested on 0.7.8).
  • Any idea about what can cause the fetching latency? I am located in France and have fiber connection. But still, even to refresh a couple files in a folder (e.g. 8 episodes in a serie season folder) it takes 15-20 seconds.
    This is happening for instance when watching an episode and closing it. There's a refresh event at this time which can take easily 20 seconds to display same information of 5-10 episodes.

Thanks again for the very nice stuff, it will for sure gives us a lot to do in those winter evenings :p
(2019-11-21, 23:17)Roby77 Wrote: 0.7.8 works on Kodi 19

BUT

1)I got low resolution even if I have a 1 gbit connection

Example:mission impossible fallout

TV info display 1080p 24 ( I have in white list only 1080p mode)

But Kodi info display 960x520px 24p

Pixel format unknow

2) how can avoid loading all page of a category ?

Example: most popular film folder load all 50 pages so folder explore take some minutes to show

Thank you Varstahl for your hard work

in regards to low resolution, are you referring to sd resolution? Well, that's all you're going to get on prime since Amazon rolled out widevine l1 see https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/51
(2019-11-21, 23:17)Roby77 Wrote: I got low resolution even if I have a 1 gbit connection

Unless Kodi gets HDCP you're stuck with SD quality. Android/FireStick/etc. with hardware security can use "HDCP override" in IS.A to bypass the issue. On any other platform, no dice. It's due to Amazon & Google choices, we can't do anything about it. See #51 and #294.

(2019-11-21, 23:17)Roby77 Wrote: how can avoid loading all page of a category?

It's been one of the most requested features which I still haven't implemented yet. After the new code refactoring you should see a dramatic speed increase compared to what it was before, and you will also notice that after the first time a bunch of new series and movies are encountered, you will have a much, much faster loading times (I averaged less than 20 seconds for 50-60 pages).

There are options planned to view the categories just like on the website, but the website gets me nauseated and it's frankly a bit disgusting in the way it provides results, so, yeah… It's going to be done as soon as there are no features/fixes with higher priority.

(2019-11-22, 10:41)H3buS Wrote: On the first installation, I have to install extra stuff to read video. This worked perfectly smoothly, I just had to restart Kodi before I can play any video. Maybe worthy a note on that in the installation screens?

Depends on the Kodi version. I believe Kodi 19 doesn't have the issue anymore, along with a number of other things.

(2019-11-22, 10:41)H3buS Wrote: Any idea about what can cause the fetching latency? I am located in France and have fiber connection. But still, even to refresh a couple files in a folder (e.g. 8 episodes in a serie season folder) it takes 15-20 seconds.

You can enable verbose logging in the addon miscellaneous settings, and that'll give plenty of information, including (but not limited to) which urls it's grabbing or what stream it's modifying on the fly. It might give you a few clues on where to start looking.
I'm not sure how much it pertains to the post above but I get what looks like full HD, and surround on Win 10 Pro.  I just rented a movie, and watched it and it was about bluray quality.
(2019-11-20, 16:06)Varstahl Wrote: There's an option to refresh mostly any category or TV season/show

Where is this option available? From the context menu? In the add-on settings? Last night my watchlist was suddenly empty and I looked for this option to try and refresh, but could not find it. I ended up doing a search for the show I wanted to watch and had to play the episodes from the search results.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2019-11-23, 15:59)MetalChris Wrote:
(2019-11-20, 16:06)Varstahl Wrote: There's an option to refresh mostly any category or TV season/show

Where is this option available? From the context menu? In the add-on settings? Last night my watchlist was suddenly empty and I looked for this option to try and refresh, but could not find it. I ended up doing a search for the show I wanted to watch and had to play the episodes from the search results.

While I'd still like to know where this refresh option is located, it looks like Amazon made some changes to the website and moved the watchlist and video library listings. When I looked at the site this morning I see the following message:

Code:
We've made a few changes
Categories for familiar areas of interest. Your Video Library and Watchlist are now found in My Stuff.

Not sure, but perhaps this explains the now empty watchlist?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2