• 6(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2019-11-29, 17:30)Varstahl Wrote: @kitaro:
1. Country?
2. name of the addon? ex. plugin.video.<something>
3. version?

Name of Addon: plugin.video.amazon from the Sandmann79 repo
Version: v0.7.9
There's no such version of .amazon 0.7.9, is it Amazon VOD? or Amazon 2.0.6?
(2019-11-29, 17:43)Varstahl Wrote: There's no such version of .amazon 0.7.9, is it Amazon VOD? or Amazon 2.0.6?

You are absolutely correct...My mistake...Let me answer properly so things are crystal clear...

Name of Addon: Amazon VOD
ID : plugin.video.amazon-test
Version:  0.7.9

I look forward to your helpful feedback with this situation.

Thank you for  your time and effort.
It might be related to #365, but I need the full logs.
(2019-11-29, 14:59)Varstahl Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 01:55)Dumyat Wrote: I presume the captchas are now requirement by Amazon?

I hate them. The fact they need spaces had me trying to login dozen times before I learnt of the fact.
(2019-11-29, 05:39)David11 Wrote: @Varstahl Thank you so much for the add-on, adding the ability to add seasons from the TV shows and movies to the watchlist using the context menu will help much, I hope you consider it in the upcoming releases.

It is. It's a bit complicated for a few reasons (as in, we can't really sync with amazon's servers yet), but it should be possible with Kodi 19. Kodi 18 has some other problems that makes the feature useless, which is why I didn't do it yet.  
Not sure if this can help or not, I used this fork long time ago and adding the TV shows to the watchlist was working with Kodi 18 in windows 10 with primevideo.com

https://github.com/Goommer/xbmc/tree/goommer_mods

now the fork is broken and using this fix it

https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commi...fb90c22ce7

if i installed it in a clean Kodi 18.5 installation the adding to watchlist still working but only with some seasons of some TV shows like the first season of StartUp and the first season of American Gods and the first season of Hanna and many more.
Yeah, that "sort" of works but it doesn't really sync, which might not be a problem for some/most, but I wanted to find a more definitive way rather than a hack. The concept is the same, but since I'm using Kodi on different boxes and sometimes from the browser, I wanted something that possibly worked better. Not sure if possible though, it wasn't for Kodi 18. MPD alteration still has priority over it though, and 1:1 pagination right after.
First off, thank you very much for putting this together.

Unfortunately, I am unable to currently play videos.  I get an error message stating "Amazon VOD error. Check the log for more information."  I have posted the log file here.  I don't have any experience debugging things like this so unfortunately I am at a loss as where to start.  If it is any help, I am in Canada running Amazon VOD v1.0.2 on Kodi 18.4 via LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you in advance!
(2019-11-29, 01:55)Dumyat Wrote: I presume the captchas are now requirement by Amazon?

I hate them. The fact they need spaces had me trying to login dozen times before I learnt of the fact.
(2019-11-29, 05:39)David11 Wrote:  
Yeah, the spaces are a killer. Sometimes I can't quite decide if it's one space, two or even three.
I never actually tried yesterday, but got logged in on the 3rd attempt tonight! Woohoo!  Smile
Now I'm logged in, I actually wanted to check if something was still the same as it was on the previous version and it is. My library (Paid content) is showing the same content for both movies and TV shows, ie my movie folder is showing the same items as my TV shows. Is this a known issue that anybody is experiencing or reported?
Works well on Windows, but the picture quality is obviously better on Android devices for the reasons you've explained about previously. 
I was wondering if this likely to change when Windows finally release their new version of the Edge browser? I got an email the other day about the beta programme and got the impression a final release was imminent.
Hi,
I'm using Amazon VOD 0.7.9 on an amlogic box running latest coreelec.
I didn't watch amazon contents since a few months but I can remember that I was able to watch full HD content with older add-on versions for sure. Now maximum resolution is capped to 960*540.
Is it possible that Google widevine killed support for amlogic devices?
If so, do you know if there are any ARM powered boxes compatible with *ELEC still able to play fullhd out there?

thanks
(2019-11-30, 22:32)wjmatthews Wrote: Unfortunately, I am unable to currently play videos.  I get an error message stating "Amazon VOD error. Check the log for more information."  I have posted the log file here.  I don't have any experience debugging things like this so unfortunately I am at a loss as where to start.  If it is any help, I am in Canada running Amazon VOD v1.0.2 on Kodi 18.4 via LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Not to be an ass, but you don't have the addon installed or the logfile is not the correct one. Can't help you if it's not with our addon Big Grin

(2019-12-01, 00:02)Dumyat Wrote: My library (Paid content) is showing the same content for both movies and TV shows, ie my movie folder is showing the same items as my TV shows. Is this a known issue that anybody is experiencing or reported?

Uhm… It might be related to this but I'm not sure. PrimeVideo or Amazon.TLDs?

(2019-12-01, 00:02)Dumyat Wrote: I was wondering if this likely to change when Windows finally release their new version of the Edge browser? I got an email the other day about the beta programme and got the impression a final release was imminent.

I had to work with peak3d on something, but in the past few several months, I couldn't even begin to. If I can get onto it, chances are we could get FHD or even 4k, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I might be unable to (due to time constraint or straight up skill).

(2019-12-01, 01:50)notgoo Wrote: Is it possible that Google widevine killed support for amlogic devices?

If only it was limited to that. More information in this thread, a few pages back. It sums up to having a combination of:
  • HDCP support (which Kodi doesn't have)
  • hardware secure capabilities (as in Google/Amazon proprietary hardware)
  • a hacked widevine.dll/so binary (which is even easier than supporting the library properly, lol)

So yeah, you're stuck with SD quality like the rest of us peasants. I'd rather give up Prime than buy one of those terrible Fire/Chrome sticks.

Yep, I went round and round with the captchas for a while too. When I had problems with a previous version (0.7.7 I think), I attempted to uninstall then reinstall the addon without success. I came here looking for some help and found that replacing the network.py file got the add-on going again. I had to sign in again, and at some point the add-on generated a message that Amazon would email me a code to enter. The code arrived in my email seconds later and I was able to login without a captcha. I find myself wondering if the add-on could be altered to do this instead of presenting the captcha?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Not sure, but afaik the verification method is decided by amazon, and changes based on what site you're trying to log in to.
(2019-12-02, 01:23)Varstahl Wrote:
(2019-11-30, 22:32)wjmatthews Wrote:  
(2019-12-01, 00:02)Dumyat Wrote: My library (Paid content) is showing the same content for both movies and TV shows, ie my movie folder is showing the same items as my TV shows. Is this a known issue that anybody is experiencing or reported?
Uhm… It might be related to this but I'm not sure. PrimeVideo or Amazon.TLDs?
Yup, that did the trick. Changed line 41 and my paid movies and TV Shows are both showing up again....Great stuff, Boom Boom!  Smile
(2019-12-01, 00:02)Dumyat Wrote: I was wondering if this likely to change when Windows finally release their new version of the Edge browser? I got an email the other day about the beta programme and got the impression a final release was imminent.
I had to work with peak3d on something, but in the past few several months, I couldn't even begin to. If I can get onto it, chances are we could get FHD or even 4k, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I might be unable to (due to time constraint or straight up skill).

That would certainly be amazing, but totally understand if it's not possible.
(2019-12-01, 01:50)notgoo Wrote:  
Amazon prime UK have just started showing football matches.  Is there any way to access these through the Kodi add-on?  I can't find them by search and they do not appear if I add them to my watch list via my browser.  They don't appear to be categorized as TV or Movie.
(2019-12-02, 01:23)Varstahl Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 01:50)notgoo Wrote: Is it possible that Google widevine killed support for amlogic devices?

If only it was limited to that. More information in this thread, a few pages back. It sums up to having a combination of:

• HDCP support (which Kodi doesn't have)
  • hardware secure capabilities (as in Google/Amazon proprietary hardware)
  • a hacked widevine.dll/so binary (which is even easier than supporting the library properly, lol)

So yeah, you're stuck with SD quality like the rest of us peasants. I'd rather give up Prime than buy one of those terrible Fire/Chrome sticks.  
Thank you Varstahl for the explanation.
So, out of curiosity, I rebooted my Mecool KI Pro to "native" Android and tested Amazon VOD on there.
To my surprise Kodi on Android can now play Amazon content at 1080p resolution whereas kodi running on Coreelec on the same device is only able to reach 540p resolution.
So, if I want to play content at 720p resolution (S905 devices don't have enough power for higher res) my only chance is to reboot to Android and run kodi from there, right?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2