• 8(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
When I try to login I get infinitely spinning wheels - I never even get prompted for a username and password.

Logs here.

To produce the above logs, I start Kodi and start the Amazon VOD add on, upon which it redirects me to the settings because it can't find credentials. There, under Connection I click on Sign In. After that, it just sits there on the screen with the spinning wheels (in other tests I let it spin for much longer but it never finishes).

Using Kodi version 18.4 on Raspbian 10 and Raspberry Pi 4B.
Quote:Error reason: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='na.api.amazonvideo.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /cdp/usage/v2/GetAppStartupConfig?deviceTypeID=A28RQHJKHM2A2W&deviceID=a73e536ae8f872cf1ab42166ce921f079e9122d7426beecdd59f8f23&firmware=1&version=1&format=json (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'ssl_choose_client_version', 'unsupported protocol')],)",),)) (SSLError)

Misconfigured box, SSL/TLS error, not addon related. Change distro or reconfigure the box, see #379.
(2019-12-14, 10:45)Varstahl Wrote:
Quote:Error reason: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='na.api.amazonvideo.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /cdp/usage/v2/GetAppStartupConfig?deviceTypeID=A28RQHJKHM2A2W&deviceID=a73e536ae8f872cf1ab42166ce921f079e9122d7426beecdd59f8f23&firmware=1&version=1&format=json (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'ssl_choose_client_version', 'unsupported protocol')],)",),)) (SSLError)

Misconfigured box, SSL/TLS error, not addon related. Change distro or reconfigure the box, see #379.    

Success! Thank you for directing me in the right direction. For posterity, what I did was edit the file /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf, so that instead of:
Code:
[system_default_sect]
MinProtocol = TLSv1.2
CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=2
it says:
Code:
[system_default_sect]
MinProtocol = TLSv1.0
CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=2

And now it works fine.

It's indeed not addon related. But does the login server (na.api.amazonvideo.com) really not support TLS 1.2? That protocol is 11 years old and there is presumably a security reason 1.0 and 1.1 are disabled by default in Debian-related distros.
Not entirely sure. It might be a combination of ciphers with the default ones available on stock debian not compatible with those allowed with TLSv1.2. Maybe installing or compiling OpenSSL could provide the missing ciphers, that would be my guess, but I don't own a RPi so I can't test.
(2019-12-14, 14:24)Varstahl Wrote: Not entirely sure. It might be a combination of ciphers with the default ones available on stock debian not compatible with those allowed with TLSv1.2. Maybe installing or compiling OpenSSL could provide the missing ciphers, that would be my guess, but I don't own a RPi so I can't test.
you can try to add this as option of play url "|verifypeer=false"
also if that doesnt help 
xbmc need another function (CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, FALSE), something like "|verifyhost=false"
That's the literal worst thing you could possibly do, just don't.
I used an online SSL test to check which protocols are supported by na.api.amazonvideo.com, and it actually looks like they indeed only support TLS 1.0.

I wasn't comfortable with allowing an insecure version of TLS, system-wide and by default, so I changed the /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf file back and managed to reproduce the error in a python shell, and also to fix it by forcing the session to use TLS 1.0 (using a custom HTTPS adapter). That should make it possible to make the login work without modifying the /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf file from its default so the old TLS is only ever used for this one connection.

Interestingly, however, everything works fine for me now even after changing /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf back to the default - probably that's because I'm already logged in now. I'm guessing na.api.amazonvideo.com is only used for the initial login, and afterwards it connects to a different server in the region (which in my case is not in North America)?
I am getting only 960x540 resolution. Any way to get 1080p? If not, that addon is pretty useless
Hello!!! I have a problem whit amazon vod
I live in italy and add-on doesn't works, I don't understand why !!
the error message said :

unable to find the navigation menu

sorry for my english !!
(2019-12-15, 11:25)giaur Wrote: I am getting only 960x540 resolution. Any way to get 1080p? If not, that addon is pretty useless

Feel free to uninstall it.

(2019-12-15, 13:52)maryx Wrote: Hello!!! I have a problem whit amazon vod
the error message said :

There might be a connection issue, but without the logs I can't really know why. It should work fine in Italy, and I'm not aware of anything changing on their servers.
@Varstahl so we are limited to 960x540?
Depends on the combination of hardware, software and geolocation. Amazon and Google restricted legitimate use a lot on PC, so you can get FHD on a few browsers only. If you're using Kodi on something like a Firestick, Chromestick, Nvidia Shield or other Android based devices, you can use HDCP bypass or native playback applications. The addon can provide content up to 4k resolution, then depending on what you have you might be limited to SD. That's out of our control.

If Kodi manages to get HDCP working we might get back 1080p. And maybe there's a different solution on Windows platforms. But yeah, as it stands it's literally easier to crack widevine and decrypt content than support the DRM legitimately, and that's by their design. It's stupid as hell.
(2019-12-15, 16:22)Varstahl Wrote: Depends on the combination of hardware, software and geolocation. Amazon and Google restricted legitimate use a lot on PC, so you can get FHD on a few browsers only. If you're using Kodi on something like a Firestick, Chromestick, Nvidia Shield or other Android based devices, you can use HDCP bypass or native playback applications. The addon can provide content up to 4k resolution, then depending on what you have you might be limited to SD. That's out of our control.

If Kodi manages to get HDCP working we might get back 1080p. And maybe there's a different solution on Windows platforms. But yeah, as it stands it's literally easier to crack widevine and decrypt content than support the DRM legitimately, and that's by their design. It's stupid as hell.
Netflix is 1080p (sw decoding) on Kodi. Prime Video on Android is 1080p/HDR in my location. But Prime Video on Kodi is SD. What I want to ask for, is there any workaround/addon setting to try to force 1080p, or 720p. That's no geolocation nor hw limitation.
Netflix is a case in and of itself, it's a customer friendly platform and their decisions aim to not impact their customers negatively.

In the addon settings there's an "Android" playback method specified, that can allow you to bypass some of the restrictions and to watch videos at higher resolution. I'm not 100% sure, but on Android you should be able to playback 1080p natively on Kodi just by setting "Override HDCP" inside InputStream.Adaptive settings. There's a shortcut to IS.A settings inside AVOD settings, if that's more convenient.

Also, by hardware limitation I didn't mean "hardware power and capability", more likely "hardware on which the use of the Prime Video platform may or may not be restricted". See limitations and android playback method in the readme for more information.
(2019-12-15, 14:56)Varstahl Wrote:  
(2019-12-15, 13:52)maryx Wrote: Hello!!! I have a problem whit amazon vod
the error message said :

There might be a connection issue, but without the logs I can't really know why. It should work fine in Italy, and I'm not aware of anything changing on their servers. 

ok !!!   
where I find the amazon vod log file ?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2