• 17(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
I'm not 100% sure. I believe it's an option for android-based devices where you could just disable that and let android figure it out by itself.
Thank you
Very few of the lists under tv shows are working for me. The only list that I have found that does work is Starz under the channels lists. Is there a way to fix this? My workaround for the time being is to either search for a show I want to watch or add it to my watchlists. I'm on windoes ten x64 and Kodi 18.5
I'm not aware of any trouble with category listings. Attach the full log, more info on where to find the logs in the first post of this thread.
After installing this addon I noticed that it has a weird name: [DISCONTINUED] Amazon. I went to github repository and noticed that today, on March 21, 2020, Sandmann79 commited an update where he changed the name of the addon from Amazon to [DISCONTINUED] Amazon. Source: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commi...99b9cd7705 . Does that mean that this addon is now discontinued?

On a side note, I have the follwoing issue with the addon: it connects me to Amazon.de (instead of Amazon.com, e.g., US version of APV) so I cannot watch anything, since my APV is for the US. I couldn't find anywhere in settings how to change the "server" etc. to use the Amazon.com version isntead of Amazon.de version. Any advice would be appreciated
UPDATE: never mind, I think I figured it out: The "Sandmann79" package had 2 addons: 1) Amazon [Discontinued] and 2) Amazon VOD Addon. I guess the 1st one (which was discotninued today) only worked for Amazon.de Prime Video (e.g., German version of Amazon Prime Video).

Anyways, problem solved: just don't install that "German" version of the addon!
Yes, as I said that addon was about to be deprecated from a while. Amazon VOD will be the one to be pushed in the main Kodi repos.
What is the reason this addon can only support 1080p? I use the Netflix addon and get full 4k/HDR/Dolby Vision support so I got excited when I read that the Amazon app uses a similar setup i.e. Input Stream and exporting to library etc. Then I was sad to find out 4k (and by extension HDR) is not supported. I'm guessing this is either Amazon or Google's fault? Really a shame because the prime video app is almost unusable with its atrocious UI.
Amazon and Google. Prime Video used to support FHD for TV series, now doesn't even support 720p on PC. Amazon's Prime Video UI sucks a ton and a half, and they knee-capped legitimate usage, by design (that's one way to reduce bandwidth consumption). Google's Widevine ain't much better either, it's pretty useless as a DRM, as piracy can decode 4k streams, but legitimate usage can't even get 720p on PC. 4k is somewhat supported on Android through libdrm, but as I never had anything to test it with I don't really have the specifics.
I have notice that my channels (HBO, Starz) through Amazon Prime gives me 720p now verses the 576p it was before. I've never dug to deep into why but I run LibreElec 9.2.1 on a NUC with a J4105 chipset.
i made a test concerning page load speed of a new category (default item 40 x page)

Page load is worst on my nuc n3150 libreelec than a note i5 with windows 

another excuse to upgrade to j5005 Nuc Big Grin
The biggest bottleneck is network speed. I understand that this is quite an issue for some people, and I know I say this often, but until I can find some time to work on it you'll have to make do :|
(2020-03-23, 19:30)Varstahl Wrote: The biggest bottleneck is network speed. I understand that this is quite an issue for some people, anlid I know I say this often, but until I can find some time to work on it you'll have to make do :|

Not my case cause Nuc is connected via lan to a gigabit connection, windows note is connected via wifi N to the router 

or maybe libreelec need some tweaks like

https://github.com/LibreELEC/service.lib...s/pull/148
Not saying it was your case specifically, I was just saying that having everything cabled up to a gigabit switch, on a gigabit wan, I can't really evaluate the time it takes to scrape things on low speed connections (such as indians).
(2020-03-19, 02:23)Jachin99 Wrote: Very few of the lists under tv shows are working for me. The only list that I have found that does work is Starz under the channels lists. Is there a way to fix this? My workaround for the time being is to either search for a show I want to watch or add it to my watchlists. I'm on windoes ten x64 and Kodi 18.5

I changed how many items to load in my views from 250 to 60 and I get TV shows again.  I can't remember the exact setting but that was a quick check I did before pasting logs and it worked.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2