• 19(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-04-01, 19:54)Varstahl Wrote: does anyone have this working on linux with kodi v19 nightly builds? I always get "No Rights" or "cannot be openend" errors when using the matrix repo.

You need to change repository. Due to the way Kodi 19 now works, you need to install the "python3" repository. You can find the repo on the GitHub's page.
Edit for clarity: there are now two separate repositories, the original and the py3 one. The code is the same for both, but the metadata inside addon.xml has to change due to Kodi's new restrictions.

I already use the matrix repo. Here is a debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/wurajefobu
> [Amazon VOD] Cannot complete request. (prs.norights.notowned)

You don't have the rights to watch whatever you're watching. I'm not an expert of non primevideo.com but I can take wild speculations:

1. The content is listed but no longer available (old cache)
  2. Some problems with session invalidation (you could try logging back in)
  3. …?

As far as I can tell everything's working correctly. Other than the usual sub-account/content bought/prime entitlement I can't think of anything else.
Well, the account is amazon.de and via https://www.amazon.de/Amazon-Video everything is OK. On primevideo.com I don't seem to have an active subscription.
I've tried setting region to germany in the addon settings, but I always get the same error

Disregard this, there was an issue with the account. It's working now, grazie per l'aiuto!
No problem Smile
(2020-03-25, 03:42)shinji95 Wrote: Hey Guys,

I try setting up an Amazon-Player for the TheMovieDB Helper addon right now. I want to be able to select a movie in the addon and than select search on Amazon, which should automaticaly search for the respective titel within the addon. Sadly the Plugin doesn´t support text-input via the kodi keyboard. So i need the addon command, which is created by entering a word in the search function of the addon. This works for numerous addons like Netflix. For the Netflix addon the command looks like this: "plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/{title}/" Unfortunately i don´t know anything about kodi addon programing so i can´t find the proper line for the Amazon addon. If someone could help me, i´d be very greatful.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Thanks for adding the Option for Parametric search. Im still unsure which ist the correct form for the direct search link, as for the netflix addon mentioned above. Im Not Info python ans cant figure it out myself -.-

Thanks for the fast response and the great work you are doing!
@shinji95:
The correct format should be plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=Search&searchstring={title}
(2020-04-01, 19:54)Varstahl Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 15:56)boblo Wrote: @Varstahl : Can I contribute by maintaining the spanish translation? I see some texts without translation in current version. Now I'm maintaining the spanish language for Netflix and HBO add-ons (user 'boblo1' at GitHub). Thanks for your work.
(2020-03-28, 00:43)Roby77 Wrote: Good Idea, i can contribute for Italian language @Varstahl Wink

You're more than welcome to. I wanted to provide the italian translation but in the end I never got around to it. It should be fairly easy with any tool like POEdit, go for it. You can find the POT here.
(2020-03-27, 22:20)orenmi Wrote:  

Yes, given that most series are released in batch, I opted for aggressive caching. I can't remember if hitting it from favourites and then going back could work as a shortcut though, depends on the Kodi version I think.
(2020-03-31, 09:28)wsnipex Wrote:  
Hi, how can I send the reviewed file (spanish translation) to you? I'm an user at GH ('boblo1'), but I don't know how to make PRs yet and I don't see any open thread to submit translations.
Regards
(2020-04-03, 16:15)boblo Wrote: Hi, how can I send the reviewed file (spanish translation) to you? I'm an user at GH ('boblo1'), but I don't know how to make PRs yet and I don't see any open thread to submit translations.

Not a 100% sure but you could be able to just go to this link, select edit while logged in and paste the content inside. This should also create the PR for you. If that fails you can also upload the file somewhere like wetransfer for example, and I'll manage the rest.
(2020-04-03, 16:57)Varstahl Wrote: Not a 100% sure but you could be able to just go to this link, select edit while logged in and paste the content inside. This should also create the PR for you. If that fails you can also upload the file somewhere like wetransfer for example, and I'll manage the rest.      
Here you go:
PO file

I recommend creating a new issue thread in GH to submit translations, as Netflix and HBO Go add-ons do.
(2020-04-03, 20:50)boblo Wrote: I recommend creating a new issue thread in GH to submit translations, as Netflix and HBO Go add-ons do.

That's actually not a bad idea. I did a poor job but it should do for the moment. Your translation has also been added to the master repository and will go live with the next update.
Hi all...I have just installed the app on a Kodi build running on a box based on Windows 10 with an NVIDIA 750 Ti GPU and an an Intel I7-5960X CPU...however I am stuck on a resolution of 960x540. Any ideas how to increase up to 4k if and where available, but definitely 1080p as a baseline?
...I'm getting the impression from doing some further reading that I need something like a Fire TV Android box with Kodi and Amazon installed on it to watch it 4k. Is that correct?
You need something certified by either Amazon or Google to watch 720p+. On PC you can get FHD on certain browsers only. So, if you really want 4k, you're stuck with a firestick, a certified android box such as a Chromecast, Nvidia shield and the like.
(2020-04-04, 14:15)Varstahl Wrote: You need something certified by either Amazon or Google to watch 720p+. On PC you can get FHD on certain browsers only. So, if you really want 4k, you're stuck with a firestick, a certified android box such as a Chromecast, Nvidia shield and the like.

Hi - I don't mind purchasing a Fire TV box as they don't appear to be very expensive. However, just so I am clear...if I install Kodi on this box, then install this Kodi Amazon app, it will recognise it is running on approved hardware and permit the higher resolutions. Is that correct?
Sort of. Kodi has no way to playback it immediately per se, depends on the specific hardware. In theory you can either skip the DRM check and let the OS do its thing (for example on Nvidia shield), or use the official amazon app for playback through the addon (read here). I don't own either so I'm not 100% sure which is which, but if iirc you can install Kodi and Amazon VOD on the firestick, along with the Amazon PrimeVideo official app and use a different playback method from within the addon. But I think that simply enabling in Override HDCP in IS.A should work.

TL;DR: I know it works, but I don't remember how exactly.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2