• 26(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-05-15, 13:13)Varstahl Wrote: It's one of the most wanted features since forever, but Osmosis has been reportedly quite good for it. I've just got around pushing one of the major requests, it will come eventually, I'm just not ready for it.
I'm always a little mystified when I see people asking for this feature, because I'm a Prime user from the UK and have no issue exporting Movies or TV Shows directly from the context menu. If memory serves me correctly the export option on the context menu did not appear until I enabled the 'Custom Export Folder' via the 'Export' option in the addon settings. It's a while since I configured the addon, but I'm pretty sure I also needed to add the export folders for my Prime TV shows and Movies as sources in the main Kodi video section. Once I export an item via the context menu, I just scan these folders afterwards for any new content and they get added to my library with no issue. It's a little strange how it seems to be working for me, but not others. Would me being a UK user have any bearing on this?

ImageImage

One thing I did notice after the last addon update about a week ago was all my icons changed from Amazon to Prime Video. I'm guessing that was an intentional change though?
This is such a great addon that gets much use in our household.....Much appreciated!  Smile
(2020-05-15, 14:03)Dumyat Wrote: It's a little strange how it seems to be working for me, but not others. Would me being a UK user have any bearing on this?

Yes. While "technically" it's a single addon, in reality by all intents and purposes there are 2 separate addons working side by side with commonalities being shared. Germany, Japan, UK and USA have been dubbed by me as amazon.TLDs or TLDs for short, because they are served by amazon.de, amazon.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.com respectively, and use a specific codebase within the addon. All the other countries in the world are served by primevideo.com, and that codebase is my responsibility. Since I came late to the party, a lot of work for TLDs was already done by Sandmann, but everything that is available for PrimeVideo I had to develop by myself mostly from scratch, which is also why most of the databases we use are totally different depending on what country you guys are in.

Export to library is one of the features that are available for TLDs, but not for PrimeVideo. Being a lone developer and, I admit, not using the feature, my pressure to add the feature is pretty low. The fact that there are also several addons which already cover the export to library, such as Osmosis, made the feature even less of a priority.

One of the features which is the most important IMHO, would be to recode part of the MPD proxy alteration, that could reap huge benefits, especially for people with visual impairments. But time is what it is, unless something breaks outstandingly, I try to bring features compatibly with my life/work schedule.

(2020-05-15, 14:03)Dumyat Wrote: One thing I did notice after the last addon update about a week ago was all my icons changed from Amazon to Prime Video. I'm guessing that was an intentional change though?

Originally, before Amazon settled for Prime Video, the service was called "Amazon Video on Demand". After the launch of PrimeVideo.com, it stayed AVOD for a while, then shifted, but we lagged behind (and the addon is still called Amazon VOD for that reason). Recently a few artworks were posted in an issue on GitHub and I thought "ok, it might be the time to update these freakin' graphics", and so I did. I patched something together and now we have better logos Smile
Great stuff.
Thanks for the reply and comprehensive explanation. Must admit, it was always a bit of mystery for me previously, but I have a much clearer understanding of things work now and the reasons for the differences.
One thing I forgot to mention, after the last update my TV shows in the actual addon are only showing the episode name now, not the show title and episode name. Some entries are using a landscape image for the show so it's pretty easy to identify them, but most have a fanart image so much harder to know what the show actually is.
No doubt aware of the issue already I guess?
Can't say, I'm the other guy in this case. Might be related to the other people not seeing episode numbers in TV series with Osmosis.
Many thanks to the dev for this addon. But I have a question, what is the benefit of using this addon over the official Amazon Prime app? I am using Nvidia Shield TV.

Why I am asking? Because I use Netflix addon on Kodi to get the Atmos audio, because the official app does not support Atmos on the 2015 Nvidia Shield TV.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2019-11-27, 22:10)Varstahl Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 22:14)HalfEmptY Wrote: I have a question. Will the UHD titles coded with Dolby Atmos on the official AMZ Prime, output Dolby Atmos within this plugin as well?

That depends. If you're using the external android player, then it should. Not having one I can't test it so I can't really tell you more.
I have the same question. But what do you mean by "external android player"?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2020-05-16, 03:13)iMak Wrote: Many thanks to the dev for this addon. But I have a question, what is the benefit of using this addon over the official Amazon Prime app? I am using Nvidia Shield TV.

Totally personal. I, for once, completely despise their interface, both in the apps and in the browser. I also like Kodi integration, although I didn't finish on that front.

There are also improvements for the visually impaired, with more to come.

(2020-05-16, 03:20)iMak Wrote: I have the same question. But what do you mean by "external android player"?

I'm referring to this. There are a couple different ways to watch content on Android, using the official app for playback ensures you can enjoy 4k video while organizing your stuff in Kodi.
I have difficulties with primevideo because its official applications are very limited the best option was in this add-on where I could concentrate everything within Kodi there was only a slowness that was overcome by improved navigability but now I can not but watch content almost no waiting for the moment that things come back as before
(2020-05-15, 07:09)vikassm73 Wrote: I have lost watchlist folder. What may be the reason.

See following error 

ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus but it can't

Previous line repeats 1 times

Watchlist link not found

Please help me regarding this error
The watchlist folder has been renamed and moved to the bottom of the list, is now called "my stuff" or something like that. With a patch currently available on GitHub I moved and fixed a few issues with it, but it's not ready to go live until I add a couple more features to help navigate the whole plethora of changes they recently introduced. It's quite important, so I don't want to rush it. See also the progress in #466, if you want to temporarily patch your installation by yourself, all the relevant changes have been linked.
(2020-05-17, 19:40)Varstahl Wrote: The watchlist folder has been renamed and moved to the bottom of the list, is now called "my stuff" or something like that. With a patch currently available on GitHub I moved and fixed a few issues with it, but it's not ready to go live until I add a couple more features to help navigate the whole plethora of changes they recently introduced. It's quite important, so I don't want to rush it. See also the progress in #466, if you want to temporarily patch your installation by yourself, all the relevant changes have been linked.

Thanks @Varstahl ,

This is acting weird. Yesterday, suddenly watchlist folder reappear and today again gone. I have downloaded and install latest patch but problem is still there.
If you installed the patch then you must also delete the *.pvcp file (more info on where to find it in the GitHub Wiki). If you didn't do it properly, you might want to follow these instructions.
(2020-05-19, 09:42)Varstahl Wrote: If you installed the patch then you must also delete the *.pvcp file (more info on where to find it in the GitHub Wiki). If you didn't do it properly, you might want to follow these instructions.

Repeated all instructions, copy the content of zip file, deleted pvcp file, exit and restart the kodi but no luck.
Can you share a screenshot/picture of what you're seeing, so that I can understand what the problem is?
(2020-05-19, 10:46)Varstahl Wrote: Can you share a screenshot/picture of what you're seeing, so that I can understand what the problem is?

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2