• 27(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
Well… fuck. I think your regional amazon provider fucked it up. I need you to go to www.primevideo.com with a browser, save the HTML file, and attach it to a reply to the issue I linked above. I need to take a look at it.
(2020-05-19, 13:19)Varstahl Wrote: Well… fuck. I think your regional amazon provider fucked it up. I need you to go to www.primevideo.com with a browser, save the HTML file, and attach it to a reply to the issue I linked above. I need to take a look at it.
Uploaded at https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/466
I've just pushed the 0.8.5 update, enjoy Smile
(2020-05-19, 18:23)Varstahl Wrote: I've just pushed the 0.8.5 update, enjoy Smile

Thank you so much for the update. Although there is no changes about the issue with Osmosis, it's great to have the watchlist back and faster loading times with pagination.

Thanks
(2020-05-19, 18:23)Varstahl Wrote: I've just pushed the 0.8.5 update, enjoy Smile

Now watch-list is back. Initially, we use to get "Movies in marathi", "Movies in Hindi" in movies section. That we lost from previous few versions. Also, we get nothing in movies by language from the beginning.
Important shameless plug: if you want to support the addon's development (for free), now you can! I became a Twitch Affiliate, and I took a day off for the event. I'll be streaming in about 5 minutes on twitch.tv/varstahl, so you can come drop a free Prime Subscription on my channel, and have a friendly chat about anything. I'll be streaming in english and italian for the next ~10-12 hours, playing Brütal Legend campaign, hope to see you there.
Note: you can drop a sub even if you read this late and I'm online, also it's a monthly recurrence Wink

​​​​​​​
(2020-05-19, 23:29)jsegovia612 Wrote: Thank you so much for the update. Although there is no changes about the issue with Osmosis, it's great to have the watchlist back and faster loading times with pagination

We didn't do anything that breaks Osmosis, it's weird. I'll take a look when I can in the next few days.

(2020-05-20, 11:47)vikassm73 Wrote: Now watch-list is back. Initially, we use to get "Movies in marathi", "Movies in Hindi" in movies section. That we lost from previous few versions. Also, we get nothing in movies by language from the beginning.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. If there's a specific issue with indian support (which sadly is often the case), create a new issue on GitHub with the details and a debug log attached.
(2020-05-15, 13:13)Varstahl Wrote: It's one of the most wanted features since forever, but Osmosis has been reportedly quite good for it. I've just got around pushing one of the major requests, it will come eventually, I'm just not ready for it.
Take your time. We are all very thankful for your hard work. As long as it on your radar and there is hope We would all wait patiently.
Tried using osmosis but there is always an error. I guess its broken as reported by others.
Once again .. a huge THANK YOU !!!
(2020-04-14, 13:55)Varstahl Wrote: @Sukhish incorrect. This plugin fully supports HDR, 4k and Dolby Surround, but playback is limited by Amazon & Google. 4k in particular requires certified hardware, so if you're running Kodi on a Firestick for example, no problem, but if you're running it on a RPi or a PC, you won't even get FHD.

(2020-04-16, 11:35)Varstahl Wrote: I think that Firestick counts as android, so you should enable Android playback method instead of InputStream.Adaptive. IS.A can't manage 4k/HDR due to DRM restrictions.

Don't want to sound pushy or anything (just trying to understand the technical reasoning behind it), but are you sure about that statement regarding IS.A?

Reason I ask is that on my Nvidia Shield I cannot get this plugin to play 4K HDR streams from Amazon, even though the Netflix addon that also uses IS.A is capable of doing this.

Now that Amazon has lifted the Covid-19 limitations and enabled 4k in their own app again, I was hoping the plugin would also play 4k streams through IS.A.

By the way, the option to play 4k using the native app doesn't work on my Shield either. Is there anything special I should do to get this working?
Although both Netflix and Amazon use Widevine as DRM, they use different schemes and settings brutality. Netflix is relatively chill, Amazon is a bit of a whiny bitch. In any case, everything I mention about android, 4k or shield might not be 100% accurate or up to date, because I gave up following their moods and I just don't care anymore.

Back to the topic at hand. I know, for a fact, because users reported it, that Nvidia Shield can get at least 1080p in every condition, even for movies, which isn't possible on PC. And, again iirc, 4k streams are NOT encoded nor provided the same way FHD and lower are provided, they use a different codec and HLS instead of the MPD (might be using the wrong acronym though, don't quote me on that). So that's the reason why, pushing the playback request to the native app lets Widevine and the Nvidia Shield sort it out between themselves. Also on android I think it uses libdrm instead of Widevine but that's another topic and I digress.

So, to sum it up: I retell things I heard from other users reporting it to me, everything I say might be outdated or inaccurate due to faulty memory, but afair there are platform/codecs/drm reasons why Kodi and IS.A aren't able to play natively.
@Varstahl Thank you for that explanation. And indeed 1080p works just fine on all content that I tried sofar.

About playing 4k through the native app, do you know why that won't work? Could I try to use that AmazonVideoWrapper.apk on the Shield or does that only work for the Firestick?
I don't have a Chromecast, nor Firestick, nor Shield, so I have no idea if it'll work or not. I thought about getting one of those to experiment, but the "cost to actual usage ratio" is too unfavourable, and the chances there would be problems with IS.A relatively high, so I didn't feel the investment was worth the resources.

One thing's for certain though, you can try and report back if you're successful Big Grin
(2020-05-22, 01:25)MrMagic Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 13:55)Varstahl Wrote: @Sukhish incorrect. This plugin fully supports HDR, 4k and Dolby Surround, but playback is limited by Amazon & Google. 4k in particular requires certified hardware, so if you're running Kodi on a Firestick for example, no problem, but if you're running it on a RPi or a PC, you won't even get FHD.
(2020-04-16, 11:35)Varstahl Wrote: I think that Firestick counts as android, so you should enable Android playback method instead of InputStream.Adaptive. IS.A can't manage 4k/HDR due to DRM restrictions.

Don't want to sound pushy or anything (just trying to understand the technical reasoning behind it), but are you sure about that statement regarding IS.A?

Reason I ask is that on my Nvidia Shield I cannot get this plugin to play 4K HDR streams from Amazon, even though the Netflix addon that also uses IS.A is capable of doing this.

Now that Amazon has lifted the Covid-19 limitations and enabled 4k in their own app again, I was hoping the plugin would also play 4k streams through IS.A.

By the way, the option to play 4k using the native app doesn't work on my Shield either. Is there anything special I should do to get this working? 

I certainly don't have any problem playing 4k (even HDR) content on my Nvidia Shield through the standard app (I have the original Shield Pro, but that shouldn't make any difference). I'm assuming you're not one of those people who've chosen not to upgrade to the latest system version, but again I don't think that would make a difference in this case.
I'm in the UK FWIW.

Like you, I get 4k HDR with Netflix without an issue. I was pretty sure I used to get 4K playback within Kodi too, but I can only get FHD now. I fully expect Varstahl to tell me I imagined that, though :-)
(2020-05-22, 15:55)rob_l12 Wrote: Like you, I get 4k HDR with Netflix without an issue. I was pretty sure I used to get 4K playback within Kodi too, but I can only get FHD now. I fully expect Varstahl to tell me I imagined that, though :-)

We used to get FHD on PC too, then Amazon tightened it. Bezos was still complaining about bandwidth usage, so every single video regardless of the video quality had its bitrate chopped. It's totally possible that it's now impossible to play 4k on some devices, not having one I just don't know. There's also the other issue of device IDs, which opens a whole another can of worms that results in X video types can only be played on Y devices, and since everything about the DRM is restricted and kept semi-secret, we're only left with people reports and guess work.
@Varstahl :  Got Osmosis working with AVOD . For everyone's sake, I used an external scraper ( ember media manager ) to scrape all extended artwork and even manage to have season folders in case of TV Shows and its working perfectly.
However I now face a different issue. 
I cannot get ANY videos toplay in 1080p (forget 4K) its playing in SD quality ? in UK
I am on Windows 10 with Kodi 18.7, GTX970 , 16Gb RAM so should have NO issue with 1080 playback.
If I change to Android ( even though I am on Windows ) extrnal browser kicks in and I get FHD playback but NOT in ISA Huh I have it configured rightly.
My Question is anyone else in UK getting this issue ? 
Is there anyway I can resolve this?
using the external web browser is not a neat way as stopping the playback automatically does not bring you back to kodi.
Help please !
Shall I suggest adding a basic tutorial on how to get the best res playback on different devices in the OP. And so people on PC can have FHD playback could the process of using Other players be made more smooth with automatic attention back to kodi upon stopping playback.
There is no way to play FHD on PC since at least January, give or take. They specifically locked us out of them. The only way for IS.A to play 1080p+ would be for IS.A and Kodi to get a VMP certification from Google, which is not gonna happen, ever. That's how they rolled their DRM, their end goal is to forcibly only support playback on "certified" devices. It sucks, but that's how it is.

1080p can only be watched from a browser, and 4k (I think) only on certified devices with embedded chips for security.

<rant>Or, you know, you could crack the entire stream, download and watch 4k on PC, and not have a care in the world since it's actually easier. I fucking despise this kind of DRMs.</rant>
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2