• 37(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-12-20, 13:26)dontknow.cris Wrote: no video reaches 4k

*none of the videos reach 4k
Amazon vod does not play epg channels. When I adjust the inputstream adaptive settings to 1080 and the media to video a clear channel views but with No sound..can anyone help get the epg channels to work
Amazon vod does not play epg channels. When I adjust the inputstream adaptive settings to 1080 and the media to video a clear channel views but with No sound..can anyone help get the epg channels to work
(2020-10-29, 20:43)shaktoo Wrote: Please correct me if I am wrong : " Shield 2019 Pro connected to 4K DV /Atmos AV reciver and then sending all signals to 4K HDR/DV TV and one's 7.1.4 Atmos speakers Would this NOT get 4K HDR / DV /Atmos from Amazon VOD on Shield ? "

Lots of speculation, but I would tend to "no, it won't work". Even if we managed to get all the needed stream info up to the TV through IS.A passthrough, and even if the receiving end has WV decryption capabilities, in no way, shape or form would the video signal be encrypted for the TV if going through Kodi. As for Atmos, I have no idea if we have the audio streams in Kodi atm, and no way to test it out.

(2020-10-30, 17:14)ldc7675 Wrote: Now what to do?
(2020-10-30, 17:36)ldc7675 Wrote: also I tried the language select in the prime video and I get this error

afaik there hasn't been any advancement on the issue. We haven't found a workaround. Also the PrimeVideo settings are specific to the PrimeVideo.com platform, on DE/JP/UK/US it's gonna crash and burn.

(2020-11-03, 13:59)Rifrullo Wrote: But when I go to open any video I am told that the request is not executable.

I have absolutely no idea what that means, never heard of that issue before. If you can provide a full log we might be able to check it out, but it's super strange.

(2020-12-05, 17:33)chandoliasnikos Wrote: Haven't installed the addon yet, but is there Dolby Atmos support? I'll install it on an Amazon Fire stick 4k, with Kodi 18.9 installed.

We usually are as agnostic as we can in regards to data provided from Amazon, so "it should, in theory", while the more elaborate answer is "maybe". Atmos might have been a recent introduction, and as I have no way to test it in any way, until someone reports about it I have no clue.

(2020-12-10, 20:23)estarna Wrote: When trying to start a movie or episode, it says that "content is not available in my country".

Try to go on the primevideo.com website, login and go on the movie/episode you were trying to watch and play it. If you can, then it's definitely not a geofencing issue, so there might have been issues with the login or location detection on Amazon's end. Difficult to say without further data.

(2020-12-17, 23:05)EngineerPeter Wrote: Family would like to watch the UK premier League football on this add-on, but it returns an error saying unable to play; product not purchased.

The "Product not purchased" might be a false flag, I'm not sure if we addressed it in the past. I don't know if the UK league needs a subscription of sorts, if it doesn't you might want to report the issue on GitHub so that people can actually test the issue out. Link's in the first post.

(2020-12-20, 13:26)dontknow.cris Wrote: hi guys, just installed this addon in kodi 19 on fire tv cube. is there anyway to watch 4k video?

Not really. People managed to do this in the past, by enabling HDCP bypass on IS.A and letting android/firesticks do the rest, but many people have claimed it doesn't work anymore. Playback was heavily limited by Amazon+Google, so I no longer know if this could work.
I've tested it on my Fire stick 4K, with Kodi 19. Everything seems to work, except Atmos.
There might be options specific to Atmos, I haven't had the chance to play with it yet (and don't even know if I can actually test it). I'll open a feature request on github, though.
(2020-12-23, 18:17)Varstahl Wrote: There might be options specific to Atmos, I haven't had the chance to play with it yet (and don't even know if I can actually test it). I'll open a feature request on github, though.
Thanks, I appreciate it. [emoji3526]
Hi! New Kodi user here. Smile

I just installed this Amazon VOD plugin. Thanks for this great software! Everything seems to work, except for these issues:

- All videos have German soundtrack. Have to manually switch it to English. My Kodi language settings have "use original language". I tried to select English in Kodi settings and it actually worked, but I wonder why original language defaults to German (dub) in all shows?

- Bigger problem, I can't get higher resolution than 960x540. It's not bandwidth issue, I just ran speedtest and it's 170Mbps download...
Oh and forgot something in my message above. Smile I'm running Ubuntu Mate 20.10, with Kodi 18.9.
(2020-12-28, 08:25)Zuikkis Wrote: All videos have German soundtrack. Have to manually switch it to English. My Kodi language settings have "use original language". I tried to select English in Kodi settings and it actually worked, but I wonder why original language defaults to German (dub) in all shows?

Original language is not respected, in order for us to make Kodi respect it we need to do some alterations we don't currently do, it's in the backlog from several months (maybe a year or so at this point), but due to life circumstances I haven't been able to tackle the issue yet.

(2020-12-28, 08:25)Zuikkis Wrote: - Bigger problem, I can't get higher resolution than 960x540. It's not bandwidth issue, I just ran speedtest and it's 170Mbps download...

You'll never be able to watch HD+ on PCs because of Amazon+Google restrictions. You used to be able to watch FHD on TV series just fine, but iirc in January of this year they heavily restricted access, so nothing 720p+ unless it's VMP certified (verified media path, as in google signing the binaries of Kodi, not really gonna happen).

The only workaround on PC is to use a browser instead of InputStream.Adaptive, so that Kodi and Amazon VOD launch the playback in a browser popping up. There's a bit of documentation on this on GitHub.
Hello,
i have one issue to get sound when playing amazon video with option using script from This post. In Kodi i use WASAPI which i get from the Windows sound setting "use exclusive mode". But when the video starts playing in Chrome window i get no sound. Kodi has already exclusive sound, Chrome not. Only when i deactive exclusive mode i get sound in Chrome but now without WASAPI in Kodi. How can i manage that?
Thanks
Log
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
I'm not sure, after all exclusive mode is there for a reason. Never came to mind that it could be an issue, I'll give it a thought, see if I can find some way to work around it.
Thank you. Just for info, i want to have WASAPI because my Denon should do all the audio decoding and not windows or Kodi or something else. So, direct sound is not an option in my case.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Hi all,

I have installed the amazon vod plugin. Unfortunately I can not login. When I try I get the error message: "Amazon VOD Fehler- Bitte Log Datei einsehen". Here the Log File:
https://paste.kodi.tv/owewemuqob.kodi

Can anybody help me?

PS: Username and password is correct.

THX
Enominus
Any tips on getting the "browser" playback mode to work on a PC? Nothing happens when I try to play a video, Kodi freezes and I have to kill it. Partial log is here.

Settings are:

Playback With: Browser
Browser: Firefox
Use Custom Path: True
Path: points to firefox.exe, selected using Kodi's filebrowser so should be valid
Use own user profile: True
Browser Kiosk Mode: [greyed out]
Enable Fullscreen Video: True
Wait for fullscreen: 10s
Automatic PIN Input: False
Remote Control Support: False

I'm logged in to primevideo.com in firefox and can play videos there.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2