• 53(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2022-03-16, 23:08)p4nts Wrote: Something else which seemed to work for me, for items failing to open.

Search for the show/film or navigate to it on your watchlist.
At either the season or very top level folder right click select refresh. 
Yes, I had also noticed that. That was the small "glitch" I mentioned earlier.

But at this point, I can't even get to such a place. I am basically unable to open the add-on at all. (in a variation to this, I tried to trick it by disabling web api, opening the add-on, navigating to the season, then enabling web api and then entering the season - the result is the same: at next click, infinite loading)

Quote:Also noticed that there was a load of what appears to be cached metadata for the old/non-webapi addon which I removed.
Metadata was stored in the TV and Movies sub-folders, under the addon_data folder.

```
rm -fr ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon-test/TV
rm -fr ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon-test/Movies
```

I don't even have those folders. Might be because one (unsuccessful) way I tried to fix this has been to clear cache... Don't know.
Hi together,
I enjoyed this addon for years and tried to reinstall it now on
LE 9.2.8 / kodi18.9-Leia running on a RPi3.

Everything seems to be setup fine, login is working, adding favorites is working, playlists are working, starting videos is working as I was used to.
However, the streaming-/buffering speed (not sure if this is the right wording) I experience makes the addon useless.
The buffering-wheel starts spinning after starting the video, immediately.
Thus I can watch 2 sec of video and then have to wait for 3 sec untill the new content is loaded.
My internet speed is definitely not a problem, my provider gives me excellent quality. As well the netflix addon runs smooth.
I fear an actual log will not really help here, as the addon is not broken, right?

Can you tell me which settings I have to touch to fix this?
bandwith, switch to browser-mode, download-rate, resolution, video-quality ...?

I assume many users have a similar setting, so switching from Leia to matrix must not necessarily be considered.

Thanks for your help and hints.
(2019-12-29, 17:00)Giangi Wrote: I'm not sure if this is a "problem" related to the plugin, my kodi config or my ADSL line...
Anyway...
I have put into my advanced settings the following since many, many months ago and everything was fine until I was just using Kodi for locally (actually from a pc via SMB) stored movies/tv shows and from the youtube kodi's plugin.

Now with your plugin (and actually from the RAI play too, another one using streaming) every now and then I get the rotating weel for caching...

My advanced settings should be fine for every protocol, isn't it? Or can I improve it somehow?
'm running Kodi 18.5 on two tv boxes based on Android v9, memory is not a problem on both...
Quote:<advancedsettings>
  <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>
I guess, my problem occured years ago already... However, I could not find a solution so far.
No hints on that?
I'm running LibreElec 10 (Kodi Matrix) on a Asus Chromebox CN60. Video of Amazon VOD (v0.9.4) is very choppy. It gets worse when there's more movement in the image. Only when I choose a very low (unwatchable) resolution is the video OK (although I haven't tested it for more than a couple of seconds).

I also use the addons for Netflix and Disney+. With Disney+ I have no problems; with Netflix a litlte but nowhere near as as bad as with Amazon VOD.

Could the Amazon VOD stream somehow be more demanding of the CPU compared to Netflix and Disney+?

My Chromebox is 8 years old. Could the hardware be limiting? I'd be willing to invest in a new system if that would help but obviously I don't want to spend money only to find out the problem is still there.
Hi Sandmann79. Thanks for the addon. I have got an issue with it when trying it on my Amiko A9BLU amlogic android box. Installation goes fine but when I try to play something I only get the ever spinning spinner for hours! 
Strangely enough it works on my formuler and mibox 4k boxes without any issues. Can't find any errors in the log file either! Tried it with both Leia and matrix kodi versions to no avail. Using your latest 1.4 repo. Any help will be appreciated.
Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/sehugewuru.kodi

Thanks again.
Hi, can anyone advise me of this problem. All streaming services have the ability to add in only one watchlist, including PrimeVideo. When I add both series and movies in it, I get this list to my Kodi library. I use Osmosis for the series, but for the list I always have to define its type of content ... So now I don't know how to get those movies there, when they are in one common watchlist. Is it possible to solve this? Thank you.
hello, anyone know if with this add I can download movies ?
@Sandmann79 not sure if this has been mentioned before but I've just been trying to export seasons that happen to be part of Amazon's Freevee (formerly IMDB) section, namely the new Bosch Legacy series and they won't export into the folder. Other series from "normal" Amazon Prime export fine. I've manually added an episode and it plays all fine through Kodi, so no issues there, just the exporting.

Many thanks
@Sandmann79  Hi, Is it possible to install addon to Kodi Nexus? I installed the repositories but I can't get into it Sad is there another way to install the addon directly and it will work on Kodi Nexus? Thank you.

Resolved... with last respository its works Smile
I just pushed version 0.9.5 for everyone, includes a couple fixes that should iron out some troubles users might have had. I didn't go too in deep answering problems because I'm months late, most of the issues should be gone already by themselves. Here's hoping I can restart devolving more time to the project, I'd like to keep the features rolling out. We'll see.

If you have any question/trouble, feel free to shoot. I'll try to remember to check the forum Big Grin

(2022-02-01, 12:20)nonob Wrote: The best solution should be that Amazon add-on understand the "original language", but there is certainly a reason why it isn't...

It's complicated and I never got around to actually implement the feature. Instead of just "receiving" the streams data and passing it to Kodi, there is a plan to just find the languages the user wants, find the first matching a list of priorities, and serve the users exactly that. Problem is, it requires several moving parts, and it's one of the "nice to have" features which I didn't find time to yet.
Everything works well with the new update, 4k, HDR10, HDR10+,DV, except no Atmos. Tried native app on the same device (Shield and 4k Fire Stick), Atmos works fine, but through addon just normal DD5.1+.

Edit- Nevermind, I got Atmos working, you just need to select the correct audio track. It defaults to track 1 which might not be the correct one.
(2022-06-25, 00:10)Varstahl Wrote: I just pushed version 0.9.5 for everyone, includes a couple fixes that should iron out some troubles users might have had. I didn't go too in deep answering problems because I'm months late, most of the issues should be gone already by themselves. Here's hoping I can restart devolving more time to the project, I'd like to keep the features rolling out. We'll see.

If you have any question/trouble, feel free to shoot. I'll try to remember to check the forum Big Grin

(2022-02-01, 12:20)nonob Wrote: The best solution should be that Amazon add-on understand the "original language", but there is certainly a reason why it isn't...

It's complicated and I never got around to actually implement the feature. Instead of just "receiving" the streams data and passing it to Kodi, there is a plan to just find the languages the user wants, find the first matching a list of priorities, and serve the users exactly that. Problem is, it requires several moving parts, and it's one of the "nice to have" features which I didn't find time to yet.

@Varstahl  Hi, im sorry but how to download version 0.9.5? Thank you.
If you installed the repository then the update should just show in Kodi. Kodi caches a bit those things, so you might need to wait a few hours or flush the cache. If you set it to auto update then it'll do it automatically. Otherwise, you can manually install the addon by grabbing the ZIP, Matrix/Nexus or Krypton/Leia.
(2022-06-25, 12:33)Varstahl Wrote: If you installed the repository then the update should just show in Kodi. Kodi caches a bit those things, so you might need to wait a few hours or flush the cache. If you set it to auto update then it'll do it automatically. Otherwise, you can manually install the addon by grabbing the ZIP, Matrix/Nexus or Krypton/Leia.

@Varstahl the problem was in the old repository, I had 1.0.4 Matrix and not 1.0.4 Matrix+, I didn't notice the difference Smile in the second version 0.9.5 was already there. I have a Kodi Nexus.
They should be formally the same. But obviously the new one would not be cached, hence the update. Glad you got it working! Smile
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2