Req An option for "Subtitle Language Style" named "None"
On application settings -> Subtitles -> Advanced Options -> Subtitle language style dropdow, please add an option with a caption like "None" which just removes the language postfix.

My LG Smart TV doesn't load the subtitle if it has a language postfix. So if the video file is "Video.mp4", the subtitle should be "Video.srt". If it is "Video.en.srt" it doesn't load the subtitle. I only want one language and would very much appreciate if you could add this option.

Thanks a lot.
we already have some requests for enhanced subtitle naming, but we're unsure how to implement this in a consist way:

a) this is only valid if there it at most 1 subtitle file existing
b) how should tmm know which language is contained in the subtitle? (we've several parts in the code where the language matters)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-11-18, 13:35)mlaggner Wrote: we already have some requests for enhanced subtitle naming, but we're unsure how to implement this in a consist way:

a) this is only valid if there it at most 1 subtitle file existing
b) how should tmm know which language is contained in the subtitle? (we've several parts in the code where the language matters)

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure about the first point. It shouldn't matter if the file exists or not. And regarding the second part, to me it sounds like you should change your code for that part in the program. Of course it might be a big task depending on your implementation but to me seems like the right way to handle the situation.

Is the program open source? I might be able to help if I can find the time.

I'm a developer myself and right now I've just created a small command-line utility to automatically rename the files. How is the program handling the files that I've renamed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
An option for "Subtitle Language Style" named "None"0