“Kodi” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Trying to install KODI 18.4 Leia on mac OS X 10.15.1 but when I launch I get this error message: “Kodi” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Can anyone help?
Settings - Security&Privacy - General - press Allow (or something like that). The Catalina solution is easily googled.
I have the same problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.5) with the current 18.6 release. There is no Ssystem Preferences / Security & Piracy / General Allow option pertaining to Kodi. Happened on an iMac and on a mac-mini. This dmg file seems to be different because 18.5 installed without a problem on both systems. Any ideas?
(2020-03-09, 02:10)czarnik Wrote: I have the same problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.5) with the current 18.6 release. There is no Ssystem Preferences / Security & Piracy / General Allow option pertaining to Kodi. Happened on an iMac and on a mac-mini. This dmg file seems to be different because 18.5 installed without a problem on both systems. Any ideas?

just tested on 10.14.6: couldn't reproduce. First I saw "Verifying..." progress bar and then this:

you're right that 18.6 dmg is different: the app and dmg are signed now.

standard trick to bypass app not being able to launch is:
Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Kodi.app

btw are your Macs connected to the internet when you're trying to launch Kodi?
(2020-03-09, 09:23)kambala Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 02:10)czarnik Wrote: I have the same problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.5) with the current 18.6 release. There is no Ssystem Preferences / Security & Piracy / General Allow option pertaining to Kodi. Happened on an iMac and on a mac-mini. This dmg file seems to be different because 18.5 installed without a problem on both systems. Any ideas?

just tested on 10.14.6: couldn't reproduce. First I saw "Verifying..." progress bar and then this:

you're right that 18.6 dmg is different: the app and dmg are signed now.

standard trick to bypass app not being able to launch is:
Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Kodi.app

btw are your Macs connected to the internet when you're trying to launch Kodi? 
Yes, both macs have internet access.

The 'standard trick' has no effect - same error message. The mac OS is Mojave (10.14.5) not 10.14.6
right-click - Open also doesn't help? also this: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-open-bloc...e-warning/
(2020-03-09, 14:30)kambala Wrote: right-click - Open also doesn't help? also this: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-open-bloc...e-warning/
This (right click open) finally worked on Mojave. Also, upgrading to mac OS Catalina (10.15.3) worked normally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
“Kodi” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.0