Deleted and cleaned TV shows still appear in library with 0/0 episode count
I'm having an issue where after a library update old TV shows that I've deleted long ago will show up in the library again. The episode count will say 0/0, and there are no episodes in the folder. When I enter the folder and back out, the show will be removed from the library, but will show up again on the next library update. Cleaning the library does not remove the deleted shows.
@strang

Does the folder for the show still exist on the hard drive? Maybe it has an nfo file in there also?

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you updating the library. Tell us the name of the show(s)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-16, 22:22)Karellen Wrote: @strang

Does the folder for the show still exist on the hard drive? Maybe it has an nfo file in there also?

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you updating the library. Tell us the name of the show(s)

The folders aren't on the hard drive, no nfo or anything. 

Here's the log: mifapefupa (paste)

All the shows that say "WARNING: Process directory '...' does not exist - skipping scan." are the ones that are causing problems.
The log does not show anything of value as you did not enable Debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging. Try again but you need to capture the problem in the log. If you don't capture the reappearing shows, then I still won't see anything.

Also your database will be of help. If you zip it up, upload it to a public hosting site and provide the link, I might see what the issue is. You don't have enough posts to PM, so click the Report button on this post, select Other and paste the link there.

I need you to tell me the names of the shows, not just point me to random entries in the file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-17, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: The log does not show anything of value as you did not enable Debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging. Try again but you need to capture the problem in the log. If you don't capture the reappearing shows, then I still won't see anything.

Also your database will be of help. If you zip it up, upload it to a public hosting site and provide the link, I might see what the issue is. You don't have enough posts to PM, so click the Report button on this post, select Other and paste the link there.

I need you to tell me the names of the shows, not just point me to random entries in the file.

Sorry, here's the debug log: ibowugoqeb (paste)

Like I said every show with that warning message is causing problems, there are about 40. Some examples:

12 Monkeys
Angie Tribeca
Black Mirror
Blue Planet II
Broad City
Castle Rock 
etc.

I'll send the database, do you need the image folders too? I was having problems getting the whole database off my Shield TV so hopefully just the XML file will work.
@strang

Thanks, I received the file but that xml file does not help. The MyVideos116.db is what is needed.

Looking at the log, Kodi is doing nothing with those TV Shows.
xml:
/storage/DESKTOP/TV/12 Monkeys/' does not exist - skipping scan.
They are folders that you did have and have been removed.

Can you enable setting 3.6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos then check your TV Shows and delete them if any of those empty shows are visible. Then run a clean library. Restart Kodi and run your Update again. Anything reappear?

If yes, then I will need the database to check further.
My Signature
(2019-11-18, 03:34)Karellen Wrote: @strang

Thanks, I received the file but that xml file does not help. The MyVideos116.db is what is needed.

Looking at the log, Kodi is doing nothing with those TV Shows.
xml:
/storage/DESKTOP/TV/12 Monkeys/' does not exist - skipping scan.
They are folders that you did have and have been removed.

Can you enable setting 3.6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos then check your TV Shows and delete them if any of those empty shows are visible. Then run a clean library. Restart Kodi and run your Update again. Anything reappear?

If yes, then I will need the database to check further.
Thanks, looks like that worked. 

The way I've always removed things from my library is to delete the folder on my hard drive and then clean the library. But it seems like this sometimes (or always?) doesn't actually remove things from the database. Is the best way to remove things from my library to use the context menu -> Manage -> Remove from library before I delete files from my hard drive and then clean the library?
Yes, the best way to remove items from the library is to delete the library entry first, then delete the folders/files then (optionally, but not necessary) run a clean library.

To delete, you can either use the Context Menu, or just press the Delete button on your keyboard if you have one linked.
My Signature
(2019-11-18, 05:25)Karellen Wrote: Yes, the best way to remove items from the library is to delete the library entry first, then delete the folders/files then (optionally, but not necessary) run a clean library.

To delete, you can either use the Context Menu, or just press the Delete button on your keyboard if you have one linked.

Thank you! Your solution just worked for me too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted and cleaned TV shows still appear in library with 0/0 episode count0