Android Updated Kodi, only movies load
Okay we we updated to Kodi 18. Something. It asked to update so we let it. Movies play great but now no tv show will load. If they open at all it has a,weird code like CDATA then the,name of the show. If you click on it nothing happens. This is only for TV,shows.... anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to fix? We even uninstalled and went back to 17.6 still wont load any tv show.
(2019-11-16, 23:48)Dentalslave Wrote: This is only for TV,shows.... anyone else having this problem?

Look up at the top of the forum page and read the bold red banner.
I am here searching for same answer. I get no 4k tv shows. No normal TV shows. I can get. Chricky it's the Irwin'sSmile so some shows do load. If you want to watch some drain the oceans have at all day :/

quote="Klojum" pid='2900828' dateline='1573976905']
(2019-11-16, 23:48)Dentalslave Wrote: This is only for TV,shows.... anyone else having this problem?

[/quote]
(2019-11-17, 09:48)Klojum Wrote:

I am very new to all this, like so many others... I have no clue what that red banner meant.. Might I suggest that the admins or others maybe just simply answer the question and not assume the one asking knows the answer or is well versed in the subject.  I am not a techie person so I saw the banner and had no clue what it meant. Pretty sure the other person in this thread was in the same boat as me. I have read this and other threads trying to figure out what was going on. I have found the admins can be short and rude.. which helps no one. People come here looking for answers not smart ass comments. Just my 2 cents. Now I do know and understand what is going on as there were a few helpful members that explained the issue. thank you to them.
(2019-11-17, 16:55)Chevymags Wrote: I am here searching for same answer. I get no 4k tv shows. No normal TV shows. I can get. Chricky it's the Irwin'sSmile so some shows do load. If you want to watch some drain the oceans have at all day :/

Since you got the same smartass answer as me.. let me try to be helpful. I was informed by another "helpful" member the red banner is the the group that handles the tv show streaming as it were.. they did an update and caused the issue with the shows not loading.. doesn't matter what you do.. they are fixing the problem as we speak and as of last evening some members state they are coming back on line slowly.  Unfortunately we just have to wait for them to resolve the issue and it will work again. So please be patient I know it SUCKS. I hope I was able to help you by sharing the information I received. 

[/quote]
(2019-11-17, 17:45)Dentalslave Wrote: I am not a techie person so I saw the banner and had no clue what it meant.

And why didn't you simply ask what it meant? In case you wonder, it's impossible to know for us which level of (in)competence someone else when they arrive on this forum.
In this case, the problem started beyond the reach of Team Kodi, as a 3rd party metadata provider has been in the process of upgrading their service. Without prior notice I might add. Therefore it's also evident that they need to start fixing stuff.

To prevent too many people opening countless of threads regarding the very same issue (because they will), a banner has been put up. But as always, most people are not that patient.

(2019-11-17, 17:45)Dentalslave Wrote: I have found the admins can be short and rude

We're sorry if you're feelings were hurt. Would you like the contact details for a professional therapist?
(2019-11-16, 23:48)Dentalslave Wrote: Okay we we updated to Kodi 18. Something. It asked to update so we let it. Movies play great but now no tv show will load. If they open at all it has a,weird code like CDATA then the,name of the show. If you click on it nothing happens. This is only for TV,shows.... anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to fix? We even uninstalled and went back to 17.6 still wont load any tv show.
I have found that if you go into New Episodes in the TV section the shows will open up. Hope that is of help for now.
(2019-11-17, 18:51)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 17:45)Dentalslave Wrote: I am not a techie person so I saw the banner and had no clue what it meant.

And why didn't you simply ask what it meant? In case you wonder, it's impossible to know for us which level of (in)competence someone else when they arrive on this forum.
In this case, the problem started beyond the reach of Team Kodi, as a 3rd party metadata provider has been in the process of upgrading their service. Without prior notice I might add. Therefore it's also evident that they need to start fixing stuff.

To prevent too many people opening countless of threads regarding the very same issue (because they will), a banner has been put up. But as always, most people are not that patient.

(2019-11-17, 17:45)Dentalslave Wrote: I have found the admins can be short and rude

We're sorry if you're feelings were hurt. Would you like the contact details for a professional therapist?

The above quote is what I mean no need for that smart ass comment, you are not funny in the least if that is what you were going for, and I did ask... " is that why tv shows dont work" your reply was I have no idea. My feelings aren't hurt I am no snowflake, just think common decency should be used. Next time read the remark and just try to be helpful like a simply YES that is why they are not working would have done the trick for me and many others. Maybe that is,why you get some many of the same question... because you do a crap job of answering.I have no idea what a scraper is. But thanks I am fully aware of the issue now no help from you.
Thank you!

(2019-11-17, 17:49)Dentalslave Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 16:55)Chevymags Wrote: I am here searching for same answer. I get no 4k tv shows. No normal TV shows. I can get. Chricky it's the Irwin'sSmile so some shows do load. If you want to watch some drain the oceans have at all day :/

Since you got the same smartass answer as me.. let me try to be helpful. I was informed by another "helpful" member the red banner is the the group that handles the tv show streaming as it were.. they did an update and caused the issue with the shows not loading.. doesn't matter what you do.. they are fixing the problem as we speak and as of last evening some members state they are coming back on line slowly.  Unfortunately we just have to wait for them to resolve the issue and it will work again. So please be patient I know it SUCKS. I hope I was able to help you by sharing the information I received. 
[/quote]
(2019-11-17, 18:51)Klojum Wrote:

@dlgiacobini

Erm..Why are you quoting a thread post from 1.5 years ago without any feedback?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated Kodi, only movies load0