Kodi hangs randomly while on playback
(2019-12-02, 17:47)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Because what happen is, later in about few month, our new servers room will be done to be construct so it gonna to pass through the internet after that time.

Are you still talking about a domestic network situation, or about remote servers at a company your work at?
I'm just curious.
(2019-12-06, 16:54)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 17:47)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Because what happen is, later in about few month, our new servers room will be done to be construct so it gonna to pass through the internet after that time.

Are you still talking about a domestic network situation, or about remote servers at a company your work at?
I'm just curious. 
Yes, I'm building a server room in my own house, there some area than we don't use and I made a server room from it. This area will be treat as a distinct location even if its actually in the same physical building. We've got fiber available at our location since few month now from Bell Canada (ISP than we've got here) 1 Gigabit symmetric for the server room so that will be ok if data have go out an then in (through an 150 Megabit fiber connection). I could also give another example: data will also need to get out when we are away (cottage) so I saw there no issues to make the data travelling even when in the same building. This is the way I think but I'm glad to be able to clarified the situation because I totally agreeing than this is not the "standard" way than peoples normally doing their setup, at home. Wink
(2019-12-06, 16:14)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Any idea?

What are you using as a power supply?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I use this one than I brought at the same with the RPi board.

Thx.
When it hang, this is also displayed through the Pi HDMI output:

Sometime its gray such as right now, but it can also be green, sometime purple.
I want to know how to stopping this to happening?
Thanks.
Have you considered that your SD Card may have become corrupted?  Recently my Pi system would hang playing video after +2 years of working ok.  It would work all day playing music and displaying picture but not a video.  A new SD card fixed the problem - so far.
(2019-12-18, 16:34)Gaspode Wrote: Have you considered that your SD Card may have become corrupted?  Recently my Pi system would hang playing video after +2 years of working ok.  It would work all day playing music and displaying picture but not a video.  A new SD card fixed the problem - so far.

Yeah good idea, I will get a new microSD then I will post back here with the updates.

Thanks!
Good morn,

It just fail again but this time from another Raspberry PI 3b+ installation (just set in service now), the MicroSD is a brand new one. What to do now?

Guillaume
I've just temporary allow external access through FTP for testing purposes and it fail even from the outside while trying to play content to another Raspberry Pi 3b+ install. As stated before, the MicroSD card is brand new one now. I also use the original power supply. Content from the FTP server (FreeNAS w/ ProFTPD) can't be corrupted because I can get the content without any I/O error from an FTP client (FileZilla (Linux version)) and I can stream theses contents flawlessly from Kodi (Intel x64 based iMac w/ Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia).

What I can do to get it working right?

Regards,

Guillaume
How about trying to set the things up another RPi that you have? I have seen many kinds of errors and graphics anomalies on the RPies but I never saw one like the foto that you posted above. It is possible that that one RPi is malfunctioning/broken.
I also have one RPi 3 with Raspbian (Stretch) which always has Kodi running, I never shut it down and it never crashes, freezes, whatever. The only thing that sometimes, and very rarely, makes it to crash Kodi is using one addon based on torrents that I cannot mention here as it is blacklisted.
And make sure your RPi is in an very good ventilated area, no other electronic devices beneath and below to not increase temperature.
(2019-12-02, 08:51)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 00:46)Fergus Wrote:
(2019-11-26, 08:00)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Played from another machine running Linux Mint with Kodi (Intel based) no issues as well.

Was that from local storage on your intel machine, or served up from the same FTP used by the problematic Pi?   
Yes, the content was served to the Intel based machine by the same FTP server than I've use for the problematic Pi. 

My suggestion for your Problem:
Use NFS or SMB Protocol to connect Kodi to your Server Storage.
For external access use a VPN Tunnel to connect your external Kodi Boxes to your Server.
Haven't done this for Kodi Boxes, but for Plex Server as well as general access to my Storage Server.

I dont believe you will get your problems sorted out with FTP Protocol because this protocol wasn't designed for streaming but for file transfer.
Hello Everyone,

I have some update, when streaming .avi files, then never got a single issue, when streaming .mp4 .m4v and even some time with matroska .mkv the videos stops but the counter can continue. It happen only with some type of file container.

.avi could play for weeks see even months. After few minutes of .mp4, I’v got the issue.

Do another log post should be helpful?

Thanks for help, very appreciate!

Guillaume
I 'd still need help please.

Thank-you,

Guillaume
Gooday,

Is someone can help me please?

Thanks,

Guillaume
When it "hang"" the counter still go up

.avi files could play for months, .mp4 often stops after few minutes.

Is there a solution?

This is the processing settings, is there are changes that I should made?

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi hangs randomly while on playback0