Solved Recording skip forward/reverse problem?
Is anybody else having issues with skipping forward/reverse with their recordings?
I can now only skip forward 10 seconds at a time in the current version (3.28.9). Quite annoying when you have 5mins padding before a programme starts.
Everything was working fine until the this latest update. Did something change in the addon?
The last addon update fixed the timer and epg issues you had.

It didn’t modify anything to do with recordings and I don’t see the issue you see.

Did you upgrade to 18.5?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
No, still on 18.4. Didn't realise there was an 18.5.
Will give that a try.
Cleared my internet cache, as that sometimes really slows down my machine.
Also installed a couple of major windows updates, updated to Kodi 18.5, but the problem still persists on both the default Estuary skin and my own mod.
Skipping is working fine on local movies and TV shows, so only recordings are affected.
But since nobody else is experiencing the issue, must just be my device or Kodi set-up.
The only thing I've added/changed recently is to install EmbyCon about 10 days ago, but I doubt very much that would cause an issue like this.
I can still use the FF/RW buttons on the OSD which seem to work, but it's still rather odd how this has suddenly stopped working after years of no issues.
As a last ditch attempt, will try new batteries in the remote. I also have another remote exactly the same in bedroom, now un-used since buying the shield. Will try that as well.
I'll also reboot the STB just for good measure as well to see if that makes any difference.  Wink
Also, get a full debug log capturing the issue and I can take a look.

You have a knack for finding crazy bugs 😛
New batteries, replacement remote and STB reboot all made no difference.
Pressing the right button on my remote now for recordings is only skipping forward by 10 seconds. I'm pretty sure it used to be at least 1min, as I only had click right 5/6 times to get to the beginning of my recordings with the 5min padding I always have in place. Oddly, if I press the up button recording skips forward by 10 mins and back by 10 mins if the down button is pressed. I don't remember this being there previously, but perhaps I have never tried pressing up/down before.

Anyway, here's my log: https://pastebin.com/ukqFdhbK
Tons of errors on the pvr side. They don't really mean a huge amount to me I'm afraid.... Confused
Cheers
Go Settings->Player->Videos->Skip Steps

Remove whichever ones you don’t want. Not a PVR thing at all Wink
Woohoo!.....Normality has been restored!  Smile
Not sure how that happened. Only possible explanation is when I installed EmbyCon, I also installed the EstuaryEmby Skin Clone at the same time. I noticed afterwards that some of my other skin settings had changed, so maybe their skincloner applies all the settings to other versions of Estuary installed, including the default.
On the plus side, I've never used that option before, so I now have a bit more Kodi knowledge as well   Big Grin
Will mark as solved.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording skip forward/reverse problem?0