Libreelec and Aeon error
Is this being tested with an (absolutely 110%) official, unmodified, un-this-is-a-build-that-I-threw-together version of Aeon Nox?

The reason I ask is because the Skin Shortcuts script is baulking at the addon.xml file provided with the skin (the file which defines details of the skin - the name of the skin, the version, which directory it keeps its files in and so forth - to Kodi). This it should absolutely not be doing, and if there was a problem with the skins addon.xml file, I'm very confident this issue would be much more widespread.
Mine is unmodified.

LE 19 Alpha 1, Milhouse #1127 with Aeon Nox: Silvo v7.9.4

The only add-on I've installed is Yahoo weather (because the other ones I like *KCleaner, SomaFM, Rooster Teeth* aren't Python 3 compliant yet).
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2019-11-29, 03:10)whysoserious Wrote: Mine is unmodified.

The only add-on I've installed is Yahoo weather (because the other ones I like *KCleaner, SomaFM, Rooster Teeth* aren't Python 3 compliant yet).

Great Smile The more data we can get, the easier we can work out exactly what's gone wrong and fix it!

First, as I don't believe we've had one from you yet, can we have a debug log (wiki) from you please. At the very least that can confirm you're experiencing the exact same issue. Depending on how severe the issue is for you, if you can enable the Skin Shortcuts scripts own debug logging option from its settings that would be useful, as it means the script will give more details of exactly what it was up to at the time any error occurs.

(Edit - the scripts own debug logging options can be enabled via Settings > System > Add-Ons > Manage Dependancies > Skin Shortcuts)
Same config of whysoserious on similar Architecture (Intel n3150) BUT i have problem

I tried other skin that use skinshortcut and Aeon is the only one that give me black screen

Already deleted .kodi and already formatted and followed step of whysoserious

Sad
(2019-11-29, 03:46)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 03:10)whysoserious Wrote: Mine is unmodified.

Great Smile The more data we can get, the easier we can work out exactly what's gone wrong and fix it!

First, as I don't believe we've had one from you yet, can we have a debug log (wiki) from you please. At the very least that can confirm you're experiencing the exact same issue. Depending on how severe the issue is for you, if you can enable the Skin Shortcuts scripts own debug logging option from its settings that would be useful, as it means the script will give more details of exactly what it was up to at the time any error occurs.

(Edit - the scripts own debug logging options can be enabled via Settings > System > Add-Ons > Manage Dependancies > Skin Shortcuts
Apologies if I wasn't clear. As I mentioned in post #13, it's all working for me. Must be all that clean living... :-)
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
(2019-11-29, 19:54)whysoserious Wrote: Apologies if I wasn't clear. As I mentioned in post #13, it's all working for me. Must be all that clean living... :-) 

No, allow me to be the one to apologise for not reading your posts clearly. Definitely all that lack of clean living Wink Glad its working for you.
Amber skin 3.3.24 and 3.3.26 works 
Aeon Nox 7.94 not

I notice that in add-on.xml
Amber skinshortcuts is 1.0.17
Aeon skinshortcuts is 1.0.10

Maybe this is my problem. ?
(2019-12-01, 00:57)Roby77 Wrote: Amber skin 3.3.24 and 3.3.26 works 
Aeon Nox 7.94 not

Assuming I'm looking at the right addon.xml file (in the script.skinshortcuts folder, in *.kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\*, mine says "<addon id="script.skinshortcuts" name="Skin Shortcuts" version="1.0.20" provider-name="BigNoid,marcelveldt">"

Says the same in the zipped script folder I downloaded from the first post in the thread:
same for me i was just looking inside the zip of the skin thinking about that was correct Big Grin

Try out Aeon mq and other skins

unlucky i have problem only with Silvo mod (and it's my favourite )
@mikeSiLVO could be useful a new log with fresh installation ?

I tried also yesterday several skin and unlucky yours is the only one with skinshortcuts problem
@mikeSiLVO find out the problem

Aeon Nox /.9.4 from repo works on matrix python 3

Aeon Nox 7.9.4 updated from github doesn't work on matrix python 3 = skinshortcut error on building menu

verified it two times
(2019-11-27, 23:18)Roby77 Wrote: Argh

Made a clean installation.

Upgraded from libreelec 18.5 to Milhouse 9.8 26/11

BUT when I try to install script skin shortcuts, library data provider or skin I get error of a depedency

When I try to install script skin shortcuts error is about simplejson

And now ?

What was the error, specifically? Kind of important to know that. A debug log (wiki) would have been informative.

(2019-11-29, 18:33)Roby77 Wrote: Same config of whysoserious on similar Architecture (Intel n3150) BUT i have problem

I tried other skin that use skinshortcut and Aeon is the only one that give me black screen

Already deleted .kodi and already formatted and followed step of whysoserious

Sad

What other skin?

(2019-12-01, 00:57)Roby77 Wrote: Amber skin 3.3.24 and 3.3.26 works
Aeon Nox 7.94 not

Doesn't mean anything it is just the required minimum version to be able to install the skin. Has no bearing on the functions of Skin Shortcuts.

(2019-12-01, 01:42)Roby77 Wrote: same for me i was just looking inside the zip of the skin thinking about that was correct Big Grin

Try out Aeon mq and other skins

unlucky i have problem only with Silvo mod (and it's my favourite )

Aeon MQ does not use Skin Shortcuts so...

(2019-12-02, 23:16)Roby77 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO find out the problem

Aeon Nox /.9.4 from repo works on matrix python 3

Aeon Nox 7.9.4 updated from github doesn't work on matrix python 3 = skinshortcut error on building menu

verified it two times

This is literally impossible. There is no difference in the skin versions besides some minor fixes for bugs on GitHub and none of them are related to Skin Shortcuts.

The way you are "updating" from GitHub has to be the issue here as nothing else makes any sense...
@mikeSiLVO i already posted a logo #8 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2903036

If you want i can create a log with 7.9.4 from repo and 7.9.4 from git

I tried two times and after updating Aeon from github kodi loop in building menù

And only solution is to delete guisettings.xml cause if i edit lookandskin entry at restart stuck again in aeon with building menù etc

thank you for your support
That log posted has no dependency error. The script is already installed and you are not installing it with that log...

I don't disbelieve you that you are having an issue with the GitHub version of the skin. I am saying that if you are doing it right then it is impossible for one to work when the other does not...

There is no difference between the two that would affect Skin Shortcuts in anyway.
Maybe i captured wrong log 

sorry will try again Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libreelec and Aeon error0