• 14(current)
Release TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
(2020-01-23, 15:23)dogzipp Wrote: While I agree that tvdb has been less than reliable lately, the problem with switching to themoviedb is that it's not as good. Lots of tv shows they have no information about. Episodes guides are sometimes incomplete, artwork is limited, etc.

I have used TVMaze scraper for a few days and it works really good. Only thing i'm missing is more language support.
Can't seem to scrape Star Trek: Picard. Scraped a couple episodes for other shows but as this is a completely new entry it just didn't work. Will watch for any updates to issues.
(2020-01-23, 19:05)K0D1User1138 Wrote: seem to scrape Star Trek: Picard. Scraped a couple episodes for other shows but as this is a completely new entry it just didn't work. Will watch for any updates to issues.

I'm in exactly the same boat here.  I really wish TVDB would stop randomly messing with their API.  I'm grateful that there are people here that work to keep the Kodi plug-in working, but the folks at TVDB seem set on making support as difficult as possible by doing changes like this.
Same for me, having troubles with adding Star Trek Discovery. The scraper's having problems with the response from thetvdb:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ududucayel.kodi
I recommend you all to read what I wrote 5 posts earlier.
(2020-01-23, 21:56)olympia Wrote: I recommend you all to read what I wrote 5 posts earlier.

Where is the update to 3.2.4? Trying to update through the repository just shows 3.2.1.

TheMovieDB TV scraper doesn't have a lot of the information TheTVDB does.
(2020-01-23, 22:20)K0D1User1138 Wrote: TheMovieDB TV scraper doesn't have a lot of the information TheTVDB does.
Yes, and it never will if members don't contribute to improving it. TheMovieDB is more reliable and stable, which is why we changed default scrapers 1.5 years ago. Sometimes I don't get the insistence for using TVDB.

(2020-01-23, 22:20)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Where is the update to 3.2.4?
Here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metadata.tvdb.com/
You should have already received the update by now unless you have disabled auto-updates, which so many people do, then come here complaining that Kodi does not work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-23, 22:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 22:20)K0D1User1138 Wrote: TheMovieDB TV scraper doesn't have a lot of the information TheTVDB does.
Yes, and it never will if members don't contribute to improving it. TheMovieDB is more reliable and stable, which is why we changed default scrapers 1.5 years ago. Sometimes I don't get the insistence for using TVDB.
Momentum.  People like using it because it has really thorough data.  It has really thorough data because a lot of people insist on using it.  

I still generally prefer it, but I'll probably end up switching away from it sooner than later at this rate.  Between both the front-end and back-end changes they've made to the website, it's constantly dealing with issues lately.  Over the past six months or so, it's just one thing or another out of the blue.
Notice:

metadata.tvdb.com-3.2.4 for Krypton and higher is now available.
metadata.tvdb.com-2.1.4 for Jarvis and older is now available

- This fixes changes in TVDB search API which prevented finding certain shows... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/172 and https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/173

You can...

1. Wait upto 24 hours for your repository and add-on to update automatically, assuming you have not disabled these settings
2. Go to Settings > Add-ons and force a repository update from the left sideblade menu by selecting Check for updates. You may need to wait until the update reaches the servers in your part of the world.
3. Download and install from zip from the following links...
  1. Krypton - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metadata.tvdb.com/
  2. Gotham - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/metadata.tvdb.com/

Thanks @olympia
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for the Info. Already had tried updating earlier, but only 3.2.3 was available. By now the update has been installed automatically and it's working again.
thank you for the TVDB update. I'm running Isengrad and that's still 3.2.1, do you think I can install the new leia tvdb 3.2.4 scraperHuh or should I just wait for the isengrad scraper to be updated? thank you.

(ps off topic but someone will ask why i'm not updating kodi: i'm having trouble updating to leia and keeping my skin. the only way is a new install and 'backup' app isn't compat with isengrad backup on leia)
(2020-01-23, 17:00)sanity Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 15:23)dogzipp Wrote: While I agree that tvdb has been less than reliable lately, the problem with switching to themoviedb is that it's not as good. Lots of tv shows they have no information about. Episodes guides are sometimes incomplete, artwork is limited, etc.

I have used TVMaze scraper for a few days and it works really good. Only thing i'm missing is more language support.

How did you set it up? I have it installed doesn't seem to be working
(2020-01-24, 02:25)Butta97 Wrote: How did you set it up? I have it installed doesn't seem to be working
Please ask your question in the TVMaze thread.
My Signature
Running Kodi 16.1, and there doesn't seem to be an update for that.  Is support being dropped?

Preflighting the request to "please update to later or latest Kodi" I'll say that this is not an easy undertaking, requiring replacing the media boxes in use.

I'm also posting over at thetvdb.com to ask why their legacy support for their older API changed arbitrarily today, but we'll see how far that gets.

Previously, when thetvdb API issues began cropping up a couple of months ago, a patch was released for Kodi thetvdb scraper for Kodi 16.1.  Please could we have that again?

Did thetvdb api really change to using JSON instead of XML?  That's all I've been able to sniff out at this point.
@mmhere123456

Yes, that is a reasonable request. I will try to find out if @olympia will be releasing a version for v16 and earlier.

Unfortunately these sudden and unannounced changes do make it difficult for the volunteer developers to maintain the scrapers.
My Signature
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML)1