unicode decode error on return from xbmc.executeJSONRPC()
#1
I was updating service.skin.widgets for python 3, and it mostly is working but I started getting an exception: debug log
see from line 885
The code in this area looks like:
python 3 code
I added the log just to make sure there wasn't some problem with the call to executeJSONRPC.  But looking at the debug log, it seems like Kodi is constructing the query correctly so I am guessing the query results aren't encoded correctly at some point, and what is returned can't be decoded into a Python 3 string before it gets back to the script?  It seems dependent on the database content (the database does contain "unicode characters" in strings).

scott s.
.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Martix release thread
Leia see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Leia release thread
Reply
#2
It's a known issue when a JSON response contains non-UTF8 byte blocks: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16863
Reply
#3
Thanks.  I now remember seeing that but it didn't register with me at the time.  Also thanks for the links you provide in the PR/issue comments.  Made me a bit smarter about what's going on.

scott s.
.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Martix release thread
Leia see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Leia release thread
Reply



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unicode decode error on return from xbmc.executeJSONRPC()0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.