Nesting scrappers do not work correctly
I have had this configuration since.. forever (2013) and I always experiencing funny behaviors scrapping my library. I think that maybe it is time to ask about it here.

My directory tree is something like this (it is a webdav server):

"data"  <- Scraper set to "movies"
.. "disk 1" <- Scraper set to "movies"
.... movie 1
.... movie 2
.... "pending"
...... movie 3
...... movie 4
.... "series"  <- Scraper set to "tv shows"
...... tv show 1
...... tv show 2
.. "disk 2" <- Scraper set to "movies"
.... movie 5
.... movie 6
.... "series"  <- Scraper set to "tv shows"
...... tv show 3
...... tv show 4

That is, I have "tv shows" scrapper configured inside a subdirectory with a top level "movie scraper" set.

The "movie" scrappers are configured as recursive, movies as files not directories.

I know that the scrapping setting in "disk1" and "disk2" directories are redundant. Legacy configuration, since the top scraper should be enough. I could delete it if it could help, but I don't see how it could.

I would guess that Kodi would scrape each directory with the scrapper closer in the ancestor order, but this is not entirely what is happening. Before scanning the tvshows directories, Kodi is "sometimes" searching the show "series" (the name of the directory). Sometimes, but not always. Of course, "series" tv show will match a random show and new episodes deep in the hierarchy will be assigned to that random show. I need to delete that show and scan directly "tv show 4" in order to identify and correctly add the episodes. This is not happening always. Sometimes happens, sometimes it doesn't.

After "tv show 4" is added correctly to the library, new episodes will be correctly added, with no issues at all. That is, when a new "tv show" is correctly added to the library, future episodes of that show are always correctly assigned to it. I am happy until I add a new tv show. At that time, I cross fingers. If I am lucky, everything works fine. If not, I must delete the random show matching "series" name search and scan manually the new tv show directory.

After suffering this issue for years, I am wondering if nesting a "tv shows" scrapper (deep) inside a hierarchy with a top level scrapper set to "movies" is not a good idea.

If this something that should work? I would guess so, but it is not working as expected (from time to time).

Thanks!

PS: I could move around my library, if my structure is expected to break, but I rather not if I can avoid it.
That is terrible folder structure!!

Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-22, 07:09)Karellen Wrote: That is terrible folder structure!!

Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder

I see. The documentation you link is quite clear:
Quote:Never mix media classes. ie, ensure TV Shows, Movies, Music Videos or Music are not in the same source, nor as a subfolder of another source.
I wonder what the rational is for this limitation. Is this a bug that Kodi team would like to have resolved?
(2019-12-05, 18:03)jcea Wrote: Is this a bug that Kodi team would like to have resolved?
Why would it be a bug? No it is not a bug, it is intentional and there is nothing to resolve on our part. You just need to resolve you setup.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
A few simple adjustments should sort things. Something like:

* "data" 
** "disk 1"
*** "movies" (new folder set scraper here to movies)
**** movie 1
**** movie 2
**** "pending"
***** movie 3
***** movie 4
*** "series"  (set scraper set to "tv shows")
**** tv show 1
**** tv show 2
** "disk 2"
*** "movies" (new folder set scraper here to movies)
**** movie 5
**** movie 6
*** "series"  (set scraper set to "tv shows")
****tv show 3
****tv show 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nesting scrappers do not work correctly0