Team Kodi active developers, how many are there?
I'm browsing the forums this morning and I notice that one recurring theme is Team Kodi being short on staff.

Is this such a serious problem? How many active devs are working on Kodi now? On which platforms?

I'm starting to worry for the future of the project if this goes on. Not being a developer I'm not sure how I could help.

This is not meant to be a "doom and gloom" kind of post. If everything is fine I'd be delighted.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls
The welcome mat is always open, and we entertain everyone to join in and contribute whatever skill level they have. Users are always encouraged to give new uses a helping hand with posts and offer their own experiences. Artwork submissions, scripts, playlists, skins, addons and anything that would add to the Kodi universe. Looking at the last devcom and images, one can easily see this is a wide team effort, but in certain select areas, development has stagnated and a call has been posted https://kodi.tv/article/windows-develope...-needs-you and we welcome fresh ideas with like minded individuals.
(2019-11-22, 12:26)ashlar Wrote: starting to worry for the future of the project
Never fear, Kodi has enough of a following, that it's future is assured, although hardware on o/s choices might become more restrictive. This is nothing new with Supported hardware (wiki) we just don't want to expand this wiki, but to broaden the base we need to replenish the creative juices with skilled talented personal.
Thanks @PatK, your answer is much appreciated.

I always try to help people here, in the forums. And I've donated in the past and plan to do it in the future. Thanks for all you do.
I've had the misfortune of operating a Tizen based Samsung "smart" tv, yesterday, and I was... speechless at how user unfriendly the whole experience was compared to Kodi.

Edit: by the way, I had not read the blog entry you linked, otherwise I would have worded my question differently.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Team Kodi active developers, how many are there?0