Req White Noise addon
So for some reason I feel uncomfortable in my apartment when it is totally silent and because of that I had a fan constantly running for years. But today that fan died (luckily I have a spare one) but I took some time looking into alternatives. There are devices available that produce various sounds, some apps for mobile devices and even some scripts for raspberry pi (or any computer I guess). I'm a little afraid to buy one of those devices because it was hard enough to find an app that had a sound I found comforting.

I was considering buying a Bluetooth speaker and use the app I found, but even then I have to find a good speaker in the first place and one of my devices has to constantly stream the sound. That's when I searched for what could be done with a raspberry pi and I found the scripts, but I wasn't able to test them yet. And I also found the Rainymood addon for kodi but I'm not a fan of the rain sound. And since the sound is not embedded in the addon, it's not easy to replace it.

Now I'm asking for an addon that plays a selectable sound endlessly or uses a method to create such sounds on its own (like this maybe) with a gui.

You might be asking, why not get a sound file and just play it? Because I actually want it to play separately on the same raspberry pi. Basically I want the noise to play always while being able to do everything else within kodi.

If it is possible, I would also like it if the output device could be different. I'm still considering buying a Bluetooth speaker because I only use headphones on my kodi setup. That's why I think a Bluetooth speaker could recreate the sound I'm currently getting from my fan.

Tl;dr I want an addon that can play/create a sound independently in the background with an option to separate the output devices.

Any help/different solution is much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White Noise addon0