Music Playlist Bug
No worries @curtis-r , I'm just sad and frustarted that I have not fixed this yet.

The issue fundamentally relates to the newer context menu implementation introduced for video. An .m3u item can contain videos as well as music, so passes an "isvideo" test even when viewed from a music library screen. Hence it gets a video "Play" menu entry, and that is what the keymap also calls. The video player can play music, but he play video processing route does not unpack the .3mu into separate files + art etc. on the current list. If you look at the context menu then you will see another "play" entry lower down, that is the normal music one and does unpack art etc.

Really music should be updated to use the newer context menu approach, however the design approach remains opaque to me (and the dev that created it no longer about). It is not obvious how to make music screens only show music context menu entries that call music processing, because ironically "context" does not include the  actual screen on display.  As an aside lack of newer context menu implementation for music is also why the music widgets on the main screen have no useful actions like play and just "information".

At least that is what I think is the cause of the problem. Workaround.... use the context menu and click the 2nd "play" entry, or use Yatse
Thanks for the explanation.  Would you happen to know if there is a keymap command that could execute the 2nd Play context selection, or even better, a keymap that would replace the PlayMedia command and play the playlists properly?
Win7x64. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Epson Pro Cinema 7500UB projector + 100" Da-Lite screen.
Sorry but no, the newer context menu implementation captures the mapped key press first.
Er, a JSON command could maybe do it, so a small script with a keymap to that script. I would need to think more about it. My suspiction is that Yatse would play what you want correctly, and that means there will be  JSON method that should work. Sorry, snowed under at the moment, and I am just hypothesising.
Installed the latest nightly (KodiSetup-20200616-1bcc91bb-Leia-x64).  The first context "Play" has been removed, leaving the one the works properly; so that's progress. 

I now have noticed a couple of other issues:
  1. When I click one of my playlists, instead of playing it simply lists the contents, despite my <playlistasfolders> switch in advancesettings.xml
  2. I have playlists with a mixture of songs and videos.  When I use my keyboard via Playmedia keymap, it only plays videos and ignores the songs.
I've never written a JSON script for Kodi but I wonder if this is the place to startHuh
Win7x64. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Epson Pro Cinema 7500UB projector + 100" Da-Lite screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playlist Bug0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.