Random Order for Background Art playlists?
I'm using the full screen Video Playlists for my backgrounds. But they seem to go (mostly, but not 100%) in alphabetical order. I presume this is just how the playlist gets set up for background art. 

I have my menu items mapped to my Plex libraries (plexkodiconnect), so my menu items are "4k UHD"  "HD Movies" "3D Movies" "Kids Movies" and "Concerts"

Is there a way to make it show backgrounds from a specific library but in a random order? I only want backgrounds from the movies in that particularly library. I don't want to use "random movie fanart" because that pulls from all of the libraries.

I know I could download separate artwork, put them in a folder, and point to that backgrounds folder, but I suspect that would display in alphabetical order too. 

Thanks for any suggestions!
Make a separate playlist, set the order to random, then use that as the playlist for backgrounds.

You may have to change group by to none if your system has certain settings enabled.
(2019-11-24, 22:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Make a separate playlist, set the order to random, then use that as the playlist for backgrounds.

You may have to change group by to none if your system has certain settings enabled.

Doesn't that just set the playlist in a random order? Meaning, once I have the randomized playlist, wont it continue to be the same random order? Wouldn't the first poster always be the first poster, just not in alphabetical or date order? (Thats how the music players I've used operate).
Random is random and that is what you asked for. I suggest to just try it out and see what happens Wink
Hello,
Im sorry, to kind of re-open this ancient post, but is there please some way to achieve this? I was hoping that creating additional playlist with random order to use as source for backround would help, but it doesnt. The backgrounds are still displayed in alphabetical order always starting from letter A.
Kodi 19.1 Matrix
Aeon Nox: SiLVO 8.0.0
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Order for Background Art playlists?0