Updating huge number of media info
I have about 10000 movies. If I add all movies at once into tmm, tmm would crash/out of memory.

All I want is to update the movie info(rating, some movies have bad info etc).

Is it possible for tmm to do automation like process for updating movie info? Like process the movies one by one. After one movie is processed, it is being discardred from memory and load the next one. This way, tmm wont have out of memory problem.

Thanks.
Do you have one giant folder with all 10000 movies? Or are they divided at all? If divided into folders, you could add each set of movies separately and let them get media info. I have around 1600 movies and tiny doesn't crash from processing those.
I hv +8500 movies and I had similar issue. Goto settings - misc.settings and increase your memory. I set mine to 2048 as I hv 16Gb ram.
(2019-11-25, 16:47)MD5457 Wrote: I hv +8500 movies and I had similar issue. Goto settings - misc.settings and increase your memory. I set mine to 2048 as I hv 16Gb ram.
Tried increasing the ram before. while it does work, it makes my system crawl.
there has been done some memory optimizations for v3.1. I'd suggest you to wait for that until we look deeper into this problem
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating huge number of media info0