WIP OSMC MODv2
I am a huge fan of OSMC but the skin for me was a little plain and dated looking, i have modded the skin for a more detailed look and feel.

this is my first shot at skinning

https://github.com/C4Wiz/skin.osmc-modv2

my todo list:
1: add letters for scrolling through library
2: make the movie plot clickable to open full screen
3: after watching a trailer, go back to movie info screen and not library view

Chages are focused on Wall View and List View for TV shows
Moved system date and time
added last updated to weather
Tightened up wall view and made it wider, and made the focused poster bigger and more centered
added mpaa rating, and tagline to info in wall view

DialogVideoInfo is where most of my changes are:

added MediaFlags with matching background from the bottom bar
reversed the poster and detail panes
expanded the detail info

I like a lot of the changes, one point , the single widget row option on the home screen , on a large screen a single row looks lost to me, a lot of the screen is wasted. Also poster,icon,fanart, it appears that whichever option you select , it only shows poster and some of the posters are showing at varying heights ?
(2019-12-15, 01:15)ontap Wrote: I like a lot of the changes, one point , the single widget row option on the home screen , on a large screen a single row looks lost to me, a lot of the screen is wasted. Also poster,icon,fanart, it appears that whichever option you select , it only shows poster and some of the posters are showing at varying heights ?

I did not make any changes to the home screen or widgets.

Again i only changed what is listed, everything else is as it exists in the OSMC skin.

Post some screenshots so we can see what you are describing.

As a side note your poster images MUST be a 2x3 format.
IE:
500x750
1000x1500
2000x3000
(2019-12-15, 01:42)spl147 Wrote:
(2019-12-15, 01:15)ontap Wrote: I like a lot of the changes, one point , the single widget row option on the home screen , on a large screen a single row looks lost to me, a lot of the screen is wasted. Also poster,icon,fanart, it appears that whichever option you select , it only shows poster and some of the posters are showing at varying heights ?

Again i only changed what is listed, everything else is as it exists in the OSMC skin.

IE:
500x750
1000x1500
2000x3000

Ok, regarding the poster images , mine are all populated using TMM, I use various Kodi skins and this is the only one that has some poster widgets showing in different sizes.

In fact a lot of skin applies a resizing for the poster format in order to have images of the same size and to make the appearance more aesthetic. In truth the posters of old films and certain recent films do not respect the size of 2:3 and by resizing them one distorts certain details of the image. It is therefore almost logical that some posters have different sizes.
(2019-12-15, 12:11)kpr57 Wrote:

In fact a lot of skin applies a resizing for the poster format in order to have images of the same size and to make the appearance more aesthetic. In truth the posters of old films and certain recent films do not respect the size of 2:3 and by resizing them one distorts certain details of the image. It is therefore almost logical that some posters have different sizes. 
OK tx for explaining that, makes sense because the posters that are different/wrong sizes are all old pre 1950's movies.
(2019-12-15, 10:52)ontap Wrote:
(2019-12-15, 01:42)spl147 Wrote:

IE:
500x750
1000x1500
2000x3000

Ok, regarding the poster images , mine are all populated using TMM, I use various Kodi skins and this is the only one that has some poster widgets showing in different sizes.

I also use TMM to populate my movie database, and i select the posters that are 2x3 format

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC MODv20