Weird sorting/tag problem
@Uatschitchun I have not dug through everything (just looked quickly while waiting for things to build) , but I think you are wrong in at least some of your conclusions.

Quote:I had the artist "Max Herre" only appear as "Max" although all his albums were correctly tagged with "Max Herre" as albumartist. I found out that there's another album where he appears as composer under the name "Max". As this album was read in prior to the album of "Max Herre", there only was "Max" as Artist in the library.
I think the reason you have "Max" in your library is because of how a track called "God is a Music" on "Blast Action Heroes" album is tagged. That has "Max" as the second artist value (paired correctly with mbid) and as the first time that artist entry is created that is the artist name used. It is nothing to do with composer tag, composers only get matched up on name only as no mbid is provided.

Perhaps it is simplistic to take the first artist name scanned of the many alias names you could have in your tagging, but I don't see what would be a better approach. I would not set Picard to only using standard names myself, but it is up to you what you prefer. Using Musicbrainz ids to gather the artist alias into one logical entry makes the most sense to me, but all MB data is only as consistent as the users that enter it make it.

Messages In This Thread
Weird sorting/tag problem - by Uatschitchun - 2019-11-25, 22:29
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by Karellen - 2019-11-25, 22:34
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-26, 12:02
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-26, 15:45
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-26, 17:33
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by scott967 - 2019-11-26, 19:53
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-30, 17:25
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-30, 20:21
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by scott967 - 2019-12-01, 20:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird sorting/tag problem0