Import Enigma2 Receiver channels/bouquets in Tvheadend
Hi,

channel sorting in Tvheadend is a pain. I have a VU+ DVB-S receiver and use dreamboxEDIT for channel sorting.
I also use a list from here: https://www.programmlisten-update.de/pro...-receiver/
I did read that you can import the .tv files in Tvheadend.

Documentation is almost not existing?
On my receiver the groups like FreeTV, HDTV are called Bouquets.
But in Tvheadend you have Channel Tags and Bouquets?

It seems like i have to go to Bouquets and add a new one.
In "External URL" i put the link to userbouquet.dbe2.tv (uploaded to my server and shows up if i call it in a browser).
What settings do i need to make in the "Add Bouquet" dialog?
Because after adding the Bouquet i have 0 in "Services seen".

What are exactly this Bouquets in Tvheadend?
Because they are all not enabled after installing Tvheadend and doing a scan in Networks.

Is scanning needed? Is it possible to use that complete program list from that download page (also satellites)?

All i want is a clean list that i make with dreamboxEDIT.
(2019-11-26, 07:40)Paradise Wrote: Hi,

channel sorting in Tvheadend is a pain. I have a VU+ DVB-S receiver and use dreamboxEDIT for channel sorting.
I also use a list from here: https://www.programmlisten-update.de/pro...-receiver/
I did read that you can import the .tv files in Tvheadend.

Documentation is almost not existing?
On my receiver the groups like FreeTV, HDTV are called Bouquets.
But in Tvheadend you have Channel Tags and Bouquets?

It seems like i have to go to Bouquets and add a new one.
In "External URL" i put the link to userbouquet.dbe2.tv (uploaded to my server and shows up if i call it in a browser).
What settings do i need to make in the "Add Bouquet" dialog?
Because after adding the Bouquet i have 0 in "Services seen".

What are exactly this Bouquets in Tvheadend?
Because they are all not enabled after installing Tvheadend and doing a scan in Networks.

Is scanning needed? Is it possible to use that complete program list from that download page (also satellites)?

All i want is a clean list that i make with dreamboxEDIT.

Bouquets in TV Headend are the channel grouping data that are defined by broadcast platform operators like Sky, Freesat, Viasat, Canal Digital etc., and broadcast alongside services.  They are received and used by real satellite receivers + viewing cards to map the right DVB-S/S2 services to the correct channel numbers for your viewing location.  

So in the UK I would chose a bouquet like "Sky UK HD London" to ensure the BBC One London is on channel 101, ITV London is on channel 103 etc.   If I used a different bouquet I'd get BBC One East on 101 and ITV Anglia on 103 etc.

In territories like Scandinavia, where platforms operate across multiple countries, with some channels carried across multiple countries, but with others country-specific, bouquets ensure that the right services are mapped to the right channels in a similar way.  So you may live in Sweden and watch Viasat, and then you'd get the Swedish public service channels (SVT) mapped to a sensible EPG position, whereas in Norway you'd get NRK channels in that place instead. However you may get BBC Entertainment and BBC Brit on the same channel numbers in both countries - and be watching the same broadcast in both countries, or they may be the same streams mapped to different channel numbers in different countries.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import Enigma2 Receiver channels/bouquets in Tvheadend00