Import Enigma2 Receiver channels/bouquets in Tvheadend
Hi,

channel sorting in Tvheadend is a pain. I have a VU+ DVB-S receiver and use dreamboxEDIT for channel sorting.
I also use a list from here: https://www.programmlisten-update.de/pro...-receiver/
I did read that you can import the .tv files in Tvheadend.

Documentation is almost not existing?
On my receiver the groups like FreeTV, HDTV are called Bouquets.
But in Tvheadend you have Channel Tags and Bouquets?

It seems like i have to go to Bouquets and add a new one.
In "External URL" i put the link to userbouquet.dbe2.tv (uploaded to my server and shows up if i call it in a browser).
What settings do i need to make in the "Add Bouquet" dialog?
Because after adding the Bouquet i have 0 in "Services seen".

What are exactly this Bouquets in Tvheadend?
Because they are all not enabled after installing Tvheadend and doing a scan in Networks.

Is scanning needed? Is it possible to use that complete program list from that download page (also satellites)?

All i want is a clean list that i make with dreamboxEDIT.
(2019-11-26, 07:40)Paradise Wrote: Hi,

channel sorting in Tvheadend is a pain. I have a VU+ DVB-S receiver and use dreamboxEDIT for channel sorting.
I also use a list from here: https://www.programmlisten-update.de/pro...-receiver/
I did read that you can import the .tv files in Tvheadend.

Documentation is almost not existing?
On my receiver the groups like FreeTV, HDTV are called Bouquets.
But in Tvheadend you have Channel Tags and Bouquets?

It seems like i have to go to Bouquets and add a new one.
In "External URL" i put the link to userbouquet.dbe2.tv (uploaded to my server and shows up if i call it in a browser).
What settings do i need to make in the "Add Bouquet" dialog?
Because after adding the Bouquet i have 0 in "Services seen".

What are exactly this Bouquets in Tvheadend?
Because they are all not enabled after installing Tvheadend and doing a scan in Networks.

Is scanning needed? Is it possible to use that complete program list from that download page (also satellites)?

All i want is a clean list that i make with dreamboxEDIT.

Bouquets in TV Headend are the channel grouping data that are defined by broadcast platform operators like Sky, Freesat, Viasat, Canal Digital etc., and broadcast alongside services.  They are received and used by real satellite receivers + viewing cards to map the right DVB-S/S2 services to the correct channel numbers for your viewing location.  

So in the UK I would chose a bouquet like "Sky UK HD London" to ensure the BBC One London is on channel 101, ITV London is on channel 103 etc.   If I used a different bouquet I'd get BBC One East on 101 and ITV Anglia on 103 etc.

In territories like Scandinavia, where platforms operate across multiple countries, with some channels carried across multiple countries, but with others country-specific, bouquets ensure that the right services are mapped to the right channels in a similar way.  So you may live in Sweden and watch Viasat, and then you'd get the Swedish public service channels (SVT) mapped to a sensible EPG position, whereas in Norway you'd get NRK channels in that place instead. However you may get BBC Entertainment and BBC Brit on the same channel numbers in both countries - and be watching the same broadcast in both countries, or they may be the same streams mapped to different channel numbers in different countries.
Everybody here is sorting 1000 channels by hand?
No, as most people who have that many channels will be receiving them from dodgy or plain illegal sources in violation of our piracy policy (wiki) and so aren't supported here...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What is dodgy? And since when is a channel scan on your satellite receiver illegal?
That is what everybody (most normal people) does if he gets a new receiver.
Not everybody has a Dreambox or VU+ and can use an editor on a PC for the channel list to transfer it do the receiver.
So a channel scan is the only option...
The receipt of 1000 channels...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, I've scanned my networks (Astra 19.2E and Astra 28.2E), mapped those services I've been interested in to channels (and only those), which left me with about 150 channels in total, assigned my own channel numbers, logos, EPG sources, etc., and all of this on my laptop via the TVH Web-interface. Yes, it was a bit painful. However, I just had to do it once. On all my Kodi devices I simply read the channel numbers from the TVH backend, and all is the way I want it...

There is one trick, which makes changing channel numbers in the TVH Web-interface a LOT easier: You can multi-select rows by keeping Shift or Ctrl pressed. Then you can apply the +1 and -1 buttons to the whole selection. This way, inserting channels or removing them is actually relatively easy.
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
I must be doing something wrong.

After a scan i have 1483 services, 96 channel tags and 57 bouquets.
Really sorting this all by hand? I mean its kind of weird to scan all the channels (1322) if you only need ~300.
There are ready made list for download where all the stuff is already sorted...
20 years ago i had a Humax receiver and back then it was already possible to transfer a list to it via serial cable.

What if channels change, if there are new ones or some are no longer exiting?

@M4tt0, what does "mapped those services" mean?
How do you know what service has what channels?

I must be the only one who until now did not find that TVH documentation that explains all this :-(

In dreamboxEDIT its all easy and if there is a new list you can compare it to your old one and you see what did change.

I've never used a Dreambox. I've been using TVH for years. It does not have the most intuitive interface, but once you've been through the whole procedure, you'll find your way pretty easily.

I set up my channels as follows (very manual, but highest level of control):
(1) Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Networks: Here I scan the networks. You can see how the # of services increases while the scanning continues
(2) When the scanning is done, you should see all services under Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Services
(3) The entries in the column "Service name" allow you to identify the different channels
(4) Sometimes you have multiple entries. You can figure out the correct ones by simply pressing the "Play" button on the left for the service in question
(5) When you know you want the service (or several), (multi-)select them and press the "Map selected" at the top
(6) The services you mapped will appear under Configuration -> Channel / EPG -> Channels
(7) In that tab, you can assign channel numbers, EPG sources and all kind of other stuff

And yes, if a channel changes or a new one is started, you have to adapt the configuration.

Some people started a documentation here:
http://docs.tvheadend.org/#tvheadend-42-user-guide

It is not complete but should contain all the basics.
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
Thanks i will look into it.

But I'm not the only one and there is also https://echannelizer.com/

https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/39333
Seems to work put I must be missing something.

EDIT
It works now. I have the .tv files now in a local folder and that does it.
Don't know why it does not work with a http link.
If you are using 28.2 I guess you are in the UK? If so use the bouquets option to map channels as per Sky or Freesat (your choice, I use Freesat). That will get you most channels in the correct places. After that hand map as above.

Logos are easy using the picons script, guide here https://jamiej.co.uk/blog/working-picons...dend-kodi/
I overcame the problem for me by creating a text file DVB-S.tv with entries like these

Code:
#DESCRIPTION BBC Two HD
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1B1C:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION BBC Two Wales HD
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1B00:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION BBC Four HD
#SERVICE 1:0:1:22E3:80D:2:11A0000:0:0:0

for each channel I wanted to appear in my TV list. I did a similar file for my DVB-T channels, and put an offset number for the DVB-S to allow the DVB-T channels be listed before the DVB-S.
All channels are listed in the order they appear in the files.

The #SERVICE number above is a copy of the picon number that is automatically assigned when a channel is mapped, just with slightly different syntax.

Yes it is a hassle to do it initially, but once done it is easy maintain when channels change .....  delete, add or edit entries.

What I would like most of all is to be able to generate a bouquet, similar to a Sky or Freesat bouquet, but only holding the channels I select and no others.
(It would also be nice to be able to stop all those bouquets appearing in the bouquets list!)
I have not figured out how to create the bouquet type .....  and it looks complicated to this simple mind  Smile

As for getting the channels in the right order from one of the provided bouquets .....  none come close to what is the right order for me.
My receiver, my list in the order I want, not some forced order from Sky or Freesat.
I have that much at least by generating my own list as above.

(2019-12-19, 11:26)DarrenHill Wrote: No, as most people who have that many channels will be receiving them from dodgy or plain illegal sources in violation of our piracy policy (wiki) and so aren't supported here...

Not most people who have access to lots of satellite channels and also terrestrial channels (not counting legal streamed channels).
I see I have 1375 services available from satellite and 76 more from terrestrial ....  and I am only receiving from Astra and my local terrestrial transmitter!

Your assumption about people capable of receiving 1,000 channels is wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import Enigma2 Receiver channels/bouquets in Tvheadend0