Closed Captions
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Kodi and setting up a new system with NextPVR as the backend. So far everything seems to be working well, but I can't find any information on how to enable CC for a live tv or recording.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Assuming you mean Canadian and American closed captioning it is the Settings->Player->Language->Enable parsing for closed captions then you need to turn them on to while watching.  If you want them on by default save that as the default.

Martin
(2019-11-27, 18:22)emveepee Wrote: Assuming you mean Canadian and American closed captioning it is the Settings->Player->Language->Enable parsing for closed captions then you need to turn them on to while watching.  If you want them on by default save that as the default.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, US CC. This worked perfectly, thanks for the help!
Kodi doesn't keep the closed caption setting anymore.  You have to enable the captions anytime switching channels or recording.  I'm not sure if it's a feature or a bug. 

It's an annoyance when not using a keyboard. 

If you're using a keyboard with Kodi, you can just press T to enable captions.
Did you set it as a playback default as I posted above?  If so, you need to post in a general forum this is not a NextPVR issue.

Martin
Closed Captioned help!  I've turned them on, can see them on the screen, but when I go to download, they do not appear.  What am I doing wrong?? TIA! Smile
There is no function to download closed captions they are are display only.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closed Captions0