Bug Bug in Virtual Filesystem addon - RAR archive support
Since Kodi 18 the bug has been there, if you scrap a release in .rar and the rar file doesnt have Recovery mode, Kodi just craches.
I unrared a file,, rared it again with Recovery Mode and Dictionary Size 4096 KB, and scanned it to Kodi tv serie database again, and now it worked.

This problem does not exist 17.6, same files can been scanned and added to the database without any problems.  But not in Kodi 18.

Could anyone take a look and maybe fix it??
(2019-11-27, 10:33)Combi Wrote: Since Kodi 18 the bug has been there, if you scrap a release in .rar and the rar file doesnt have Recovery mode, Kodi just craches.
I unrared a file,, rared it again with Recovery Mode and Dictionary Size 4096 KB, and scanned it to Kodi tv serie database again, and now it worked.

This problem does not exist 17.6, same files can been scanned and added to the database without any problems.  But not in Kodi 18.

if you have a Kodi issue and need help on our forum, it's recommended to provide a Debug Log with your post.
(2019-11-27, 10:33)Combi Wrote: Since Kodi 18 the bug has been there, if you scrap a release in .rar and the rar file doesnt have Recovery mode, Kodi just craches.

I have the same issue - 17.6 no problem with rar-files. In Kodi 18 there are 2 ways of RAR support. Both are made by the same dev, but 1 I think is for all kinds of file formats (so also .zip etc) and 1 is just for rar.
For me the first one used to crash Kodi like you described, but the 2nd one works. That is until today - there has been an update to a new version (2.20 I think), and now that one has the exact same issue as the other add-on. Basically meaning that I can't use rar files anymore for Kodi. My HTPC is off right now, so can't post a debug log - I will try tomorrow.
Thread moved to the VFS support section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, is vfs rar 2.08 still aviable anywhere? i still have a lot of problems with crashes and want to go back to last stable for me, that were 18.5 with rar vfs 2.0.8, cant find it on the mirror
(2020-03-24, 17:30)marhah Wrote: Hi, is vfs rar 2.08 still aviable anywhere? i still have a lot of problems with crashes and want to go back to last stable for me, that were 18.5 with rar vfs 2.0.8, cant find it on the mirror
Andriod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fOkh7F...jpWYIWeoLI
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_kAlSat-uPXJpaoG763tuPAerhDq7K1/view?usp=sharing

Taken from: http://kodi.mirror.liteserver.nl/addons/...ws-x86_64/

Edit: Windows seems OK but Android crashes during scan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug in Virtual Filesystem addon - RAR archive support0