v18 testing v18.5 on the Shield TV and the FireTV Stick 4K.
I have the 64bit version of Kodi 18.5 on the Shield TV and the 32 bit version on the Firestick 4K. I'm playing videos recorded on mythtv backend.
Both work okay except when trying to skip forward or backward on the Firestick 4K.  Kodi ends the skip with a heavily pixelated image for about a second, maybe half a second. It happens everytime I do a skip.

I do not have this problem on Kodi 18.5 on the Shield TV.  It operates as expected on skips.

Ideas?

BTW, Other than setting up mythtv pvr, I didn't change any settings on either device.
(2019-11-27, 16:04)jfabernathy Wrote: I have the 64bit version of Kodi 18.5 on the Shield TV and the 32 bit version on the Firestick 4K. I'm playing videos recorded on mythtv backend.
Both work okay except when trying to skip forward or backward on the Firestick 4K.  Kodi ends the skip with a heavily pixelated image for about a second, maybe half a second. It happens everytime I do a skip.

I do not have this problem on Kodi 18.5 on the Shield TV.  It operates as expected on skips.

Ideas?

BTW, Other than setting up mythtv pvr, I didn't change any settings on either device.
Is there a better sub category to discuss the FireTV 4K stick issues with Kodi?
(2019-11-27, 16:04)jfabernathy Wrote: I have the 64bit version of Kodi 18.5 on the Shield TV and the 32 bit version on the Firestick 4K. I'm playing videos recorded on mythtv backend.

Ideas?

I have experienced the same pixelation with the Fire TV Stick 4K using TVheadend, NextPVR and MythTV. All recordings where done with the HDHomeRun original unit and the new HDHomeRun Connect Quatro. I remember seeing this on Kodi 18.4 and 18.5.

I guess I have just gotten used to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
testing v18.5 on the Shield TV and the FireTV Stick 4K.1