Is it possible to share TV Show and Movie path?
(2019-12-29, 23:39)brmwia Wrote: you add omne source, ALL VIDEOSo. Then each of the folders, when you scan, You tell  Kodi the content type. Why is that so hard?
hehe, so you want to add 3 sources instead of two sources. Usually people want steps to make it easier, but hey if you want to make it more difficult go ahead.

Normal way
1. TV- Set content TV
2. Movies- Set Content Movies

Your way...
1. Videos - Set content (you know, because it is critical that you have some folder set that Kodi will never use)
2. TV- Set content TV
3. Movies- Set Content Movies

Go ahead. Do it your way. Nobody is stopping you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-29, 23:39)brmwia Wrote: Seems to me when you scan the folder and tell it what kind of of content it is , that shoould be a dead give-way. Smile If I understand correctly many people want to have one main folder.. Let say it's called ALL VIDEOS/ Under there are two sub folders.. )1. TV and 2) Movies

you add omne source, ALL VIDEOSo. Then each of the folders, when you scan, You tell Kodi the content type. Why is that so hard?

That's not what the original poster was doing, they were using a common folder for both movies and tv. What you state is entirely possible already.

Add the ALL VIDEOS as a source making sure to set content to None. Navigate to Movies subfolder and set content to Movies, and navigate to TV subfolder and set content to TV. So no it's not hard at all to have that sort of setup.
I would say  the software should be flexoble enough to mimic the folder structure of the share. When I go to my video source, I want it to look like my share. Thank you for  giving me permission to do so. Smile
(2019-12-30, 01:53)brmwia Wrote: I would say  the software should be flexoble enough to mimic the folder structure of the share.

Patches welcome.
(2019-12-30, 01:53)brmwia Wrote: I would say  the software should be flexoble enough to mimic the folder structure of the share. When I go to my video source, I want it to look like my share. Thank you for  giving me permission to do so. Smile

Unless I'm missing something we do exactly this already, this is what the Files node under Videos is for.

For example I have this setup:

NAS root (source with content set to none)
-> TV
--> TV Library (set content to TV to scan to Library database)
----> subfolder for each TV show
--> TV New (do nothing here, inherits content=none as do not want these in Library)
----> unsorted TV show folders/files (I use File mode for these)
-> Movies
--> Movies Library (set consent to Movies to scan to Library database)
----> subfolder for each Movie
--> Movies New (do nothing here, inherits content=none as do not want these in Library)
----> unsorted Movies folders/files (I use File mode for these)

So I add root of NAS as my source as this allows to browse full contents of NAS in File mode, and then I only set content on the subfolders that I wish to be scanned into Library databases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to share TV Show and Movie path?0