Share MySQL DB
Hi all,

I have a shield in which I am scrapping the library to a separate MySQL server located at 192.168.0.252. On the server, it has created a schema called MyVideo116. The shield is also being used to do all of the scrapping from my NAS library. I also have a Windows Laptop that is also accessing the same database. It does not point at all to my NAS but it seems to pick up all of the same videos as the Shield. Both are running Kodi 18.5

I have added another Shield to my setup. It is currently running Kodi 17.6. In theory, it too is pointing to the same MySQL server but when it stats up, it creates its own MyVideo110 schema instead of just reading what is there.

All 3 machines are using the following advancedSettings file.

<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.252</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase> 
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.252</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

What can I do to force the second Shield to use the existing MySQL schema instead of trying to create its own?
Please read the red banner here... https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-01, 01:50)Karellen Wrote: Please read the red banner here... https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Ah...well that makes sense. I guess I should have read these instructions instead of elsewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share MySQL DB0