script.module.myconnpy error
In script.module.myconnpy addon, this statement fails:

cpp:
import StringIO

In module connection.py.  I think that the correct sentence in Python 3 would be:

cpp:
from io import StringIO

Thanks.
script.module.myconnpy hasn't been updated in a while it seems...

there's a py3 compatible version available on the MySQL website, but i have no idea if it's fully backward compatible to the old version we have.

if you have an addon which uses this module, feel free to test and let us know:
script.module.myconnpy-8.0.18.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-12-02, 19:28)ronie Wrote: script.module.myconnpy hasn't been updated in a while it seems...

there's a py3 compatible version available on the MySQL website, but i have no idea if it's fully backward compatible to the old version we have.

Ok, Ronie, I'll test it. Thanks.
(2019-12-02, 19:28)ronie Wrote: script.module.myconnpy hasn't been updated in a while it seems...

Good Morning,

Yesterday I was testing it and it seems to work correctly.

I must say that in my addon, I use it only to connect to a MySQL database hosted on the Web and insert data into a table. I mean I haven't tried many more things. But connect and insert without problems.

I must also say that from what I saw on the MySQL website, version 8 of the connector is compatible with versions of MySQL equal to or greater than 5.5, which should be taken into account. For previous versions of BD, you could perhaps use the 1.2 connector that seems to also support Python 3 and can connect with BD versions up to 4.1. Although I think that if that were the case, it would be best to upgrade that MySQL.

If you need me to do a specific test, tell me and I will try to do it.

Thank you very much for your attention.
thanx for testing!

afaik v1.2 of the connector isn't maintained anymore.. and likely mysql 4.1 isn't either :-)

so i'll submit 8.0.18 to the addon repo for kodi matrix.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.module.myconnpy error0