Migrating recordings from Windows Media Center (2019)
Question 
Hi,

So I have a ton of recordings from my old WMC system that need to be migrated to my new Kodi system that I've just build. I've tested the wtv files themselves and they play perfectly fine in Kodi. Now I just need to get them into the library somehow. 

After scouring the forums, I can see that people have used tools to rename the files into a format that Kodi can understand and query against TVDB for the library.

It appears these tools work by reading the wtv metadata and then querying TVDB for the relevant information to rename and organize the files. All of the tools mentioned in the previous threads that I found are pretty old and it seems like TVDB has updated their site since these tools were developed. So they are no longer able to query TVDB to rename the files properly. 

Does anyone know of a new tool that will do this? I really don't want to have to rename all the files manually one by one.

Thanks in advance for the help!
I just used a combination of MCEBuddy with rename, sort, and organize settings only (no conversion task) and Media Center Master to get about 95% to where kodi would import.
You have to use Custom File Renaming Pattern.

For Media Center Master, maybe it was overkill, but I used it to spit out proper show and episode .nfo files.

Local pbs shows not in tvdb were a problem, plus movies recorded from tv were aggravating, but you just use MCM to fetch it as a movie and I copied those to where my movies library is in kodi instead of leaving it in recorded tv. That will be an ongoing issue with recorded OTA movies instead of series until I get some kind of workflow setup with scripts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating recordings from Windows Media Center (2019)0