Streaming media from MacOS to Android Tv Boxes via SMB and NFS -Brief Tutorial-
(2021-01-24, 02:08)myfranco Wrote:
(2020-12-30, 13:05)kambala Wrote:
(2020-12-29, 23:12)Dreamkiller Wrote: Editing system files now seems impossible with macOS Big Sur... Had a very hard time trying to edit the plist file, without success. I cannot authenticate or save a file from Terminal anymore.

have you tried doing it from Recovery Mode or with disabled SIP?
I  have the same problem now. Bought Mac mini 2018 and BigSur doesn't allow me to do it. Disabling SIP doesn't help

and Recovery Mode?
Anybody found a workaround for MacOS shares? 

I had NFS / SMB shares working before upgrading to Big Sur but now not able to connect via the SMB1 method, and not able to update the plist file to enable NFS shares (tried updating and saving the file in Recovery Mode but file reverts back to normal on boot).
yes ..SMBUp  dont work on 2020 mac mini m1 on big sur ....any suggestions   ...  i love KODI  : )
I got SMB sharing to work on MacOS Monterey just by forcing SMB v1 as both the minimum and the maximum version in Kodi's SMB settings.  SMBUp was not needed at all.

Have not tried NFS because it looks insanely complicated and it looks like new MacOS updates tend to break these things anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming media from MacOS to Android Tv Boxes via SMB and NFS -Brief Tutorial-2