• 2(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
Praise the lord, baby Jesus just arrived early this Christmas!

Working on my Intel NUC7i5DNHE
Graphics driver 26.20.100.7463
Windows 10 Build 1909

Tried Fandangos fork but that kept switching HDR on and off when playing movies. This just works
(2019-12-07, 03:21)NVivas Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 02:52)NVivas Wrote: Hello.

Dunno if this is the right place to post my testing. But here goes, nonetheless.

I have tested it on my Omen laptop.
Intel i7-8750 with 16gb Ram
Nvidia 1060.

All drivers and windows software are up to date.

The TV (Samsung with HDR) now sucessfully detects HDR as soon as i launch Kodi. So this is a BIG improvement for me.
but
Video playback is very bad with constant shuttering.

Also, after returning from video playback, the color of the images (covers) from movies seem oversaturated.

Tested it with 3 different 4kHDR video files.

@
Update:

After installing HEVC from the windows store:
https://go.skimresources.com/?id=19619X7...52d4fc98aa

I can now play all the files without any problem, with the TV correctly reporting HDR.

(i do have to turn it "on" the TV though as opposed to using PS4 and the TV turning it on automatically). 

the problem is when you toggle on hdr in windows, hdr tvs will report receiving an hdr signal (the hdr logo will pop up on the tv) even if the hdr signal is incorrect, so it appears that everything is working properly even tho it's not.... this has been a topic of conversation among mpv player users (and plex/emby users given plex and emby use mpv), users manually toggle on hdr in windows and then play an hdr file with mpv - their hdr tv displays the hdr logo so they think everything is fine, but mpv can't pass hdr metadata and incorrectly display hdr content.

i'm assuming that's not the case with this "kodi 19.0 windows hdr" fork? does this fork actually pass hdr metadata to the display like madvr?

thanks!
a few questions:

- does this work with skins?
- does it work with external players?
- does kodi have to be in fullscreen mode for this to work or will it work in windowed mode as well?

thanks!
0 for 2 trying to install / run addons (plex for kodi addon and library node editor addon) - is kodi 19.0 windows hdr causing these errors?

Code:
2019-12-07 14:39:20.670 T:8156   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named 'compat'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.plex\plugin.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from lib import _included_packages, plex, util
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.plex\lib\__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import compat
                                            ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'compat'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2019-12-07 14:39:20.698 T:2928   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.plex/
2019-12-07 14:39:20.704 T:4672   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://script.plex/) failed

-----------------------

2019-12-07 14:43:39.835 T:4672   ERROR: Control 52 in window 10001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2019-12-07 14:43:39.922 T:4924   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named 'htmlentitydefs'
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.library.node.editor\addon.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from htmlentitydefs import name2codepoint
                                            ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'htmlentitydefs'
2019-12-07 14:43:39.936 T:10496   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.library.node.editor/
2019-12-07 14:43:39.936 T:4672   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.library.node.editor/) failed
Nope, read alert in the first post...python version issues, read for understand.

Uses Python 3 (old addons not are compatible).
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-12-08, 01:01)Wanilton Wrote: Nope, read alert in the first post...python version issues, read for understand.

Uses Python 3 (old addons not are compatible).

hmm, missed that, and very interesting, thanks for pointing this out.... so how do users know which addons are "old" and not compatible with python 3, trial and error? btw, just tried to install a skin (aura) and it failed too... so do any addons work with matrix?
Probably a few scripts don't install and cause issues with dependencies.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I suggest changing the opening post. This is based on code that's not even reached the public beta status (Kodi 19). By labeling it as a 1.0 release, false expectations are generated. If we add the current transition to Python 3.0, the recipe is complete for people being unsatisfied with something that's clearly a work in progress (and a much welcome WIP, by the way).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-12-08, 18:07)ashlar Wrote: I suggest changing the opening post. This is based on code that's not even reached the public beta status (Kodi 19). By labeling it as a 1.0 release, false expectations are generated. If we add the current transition to Python 3.0, the recipe is complete for people being unsatisfied with something that's clearly a work in progress (and a much welcome WIP, by the way).

I agree
Version 1.1.0
Updated at 08-12-2019 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

New: Handle Dynamic HDR metadata too.
New: Python 2 & Python 3 compatible versions.

Python 2 installer for people can't live without addons.  Wink

First post updated.
Hi everyone and congratulations for the work done (thanks also to Fandangos), I use the Kodi version Windows HDR 1.1.0 and an Nvidia Geforge 1050 and I see very well the videos locally, I am not an expert in programming and I would like to bring you to your attention the problem inherent in live TV broadcasts in 4K from satellite (RAI 4K Italy and others), unnatural colors (saturated) and jerky images, it just happens to me or has not been considered the TV LIVE problem? ... there are hopes that even this problem is faced and maybe solved?

Marco
I really don't know how the LIVE TV part works in Kodi. However, assuming that this problem only happens with the modified version for HDR (the signal follows the same path as local playback). I have a hunch of what it can be.

When I have time I make some changes and upload the .exe somewhere for you to try.

I appreciate the comment about how it works well with Nvidia Geforce 1050.

Do you have the Python 2 or 3 version installed?
(2019-12-09, 23:43)jogal Wrote: I really don't know how the LIVE TV part works in Kodi. However, assuming that this problem only happens with the modified version for HDR (the signal follows the same path as local playback). I have a hunch of what it can be.

When I have time I make some changes and upload the .exe somewhere for you to try.

I am using the Python 3 version .. but I lost all the plug-ins I had installed .. obviously they are not compatible .. but I prefer to have the videos and tv 4k hdr working .. As soon as available the new version that includes the update for the TV will try it right away, thanks again for your work 👍
have tried both versions (python 2 and 3) and continue to get the same errors thrown up, no difference as far as i can tell... for example when library data provider tries to install i get the following error, and the few skins i've tried (other than estuary) either  fail to install (aura) or install with a bunch of errors.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid syntax (__init__.py, line 55)
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\plugin.py", line 28, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import router
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\resources\lib\router.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                import routing
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                from urlparse import urlsplit, parse_qs
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urlparse.py", line 119, in <module>
                                                from collections import namedtuple
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\collections\__init__.py", line 55
                                                raise AttributeError(f'module {__name__!r} has no attribute {name!r}')
                                                                                                                    ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
2019-12-09 19:22:36.214 T:6232   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/
2019-12-09 19:22:36.218 T:3348   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://service.library.data.provider/) failed
(2019-12-10, 00:34)marcopt Wrote:
(2019-12-09, 23:43)jogal Wrote: I really don't know how the LIVE TV part works in Kodi. However, assuming that this problem only happens with the modified version for HDR (the signal follows the same path as local playback). I have a hunch of what it can be.

I am using the Python 3 version .. but I lost all the plug-ins I had installed .. obviously they are not compatible .. but I prefer to have the videos and tv 4k hdr working .. As soon as available the new version that includes the update for the TV will try it right away, thanks again for your work 👍  

Here a test version to try fix Live TV:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pyqui8pdtw...i.rar/file

Is not a installer, only a kodi.exe file to copy at C:\Program Files\Kodi\

(make a backup first of original kodi.exe for restore if u need)

Come back with feedback.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2