• 4(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
Hello jogal,

could you compile/provide a 32 Bit Version?
I am running a 32-Bit DLL Driver for an ambilight (dfatmo kodi addon ) and I highly doubt that there will ever be a 64 Bit of that Driver. My only Chance would be to run kodi as 32 Bit Version.

Thanks
Here it is:

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases/tag/v1.2.0

Python2 x86 installer
Just installed this Kodi release and it's work pretty good! Tested some UHD HDR movies and my TV correctly switch in HDR mode. The image quality is perfect and not washed out like on Kodi 17.5. I also tested two HDR tv series and one (Games of thrones) works good in HDR mode but not the second (The Mandalorian): the tv doesn't recognize it like a HDR stream. The same, playng the episodes with  PowerDVD19. Only the embedded tv video player can reproduce that contenent in HDR. Why?
However I installed several video add-ons on this Kodi 19 and no one is working. Is this Kodi 19 so an early beta?

This is my configuration: TV LG 65OLEDB8, CPU i7-6700, GPU RTX 2070
Hey Jogal, what exactly did you change to have Python 2 with the latest updates?

And by the way, on my fork you can find libbluray 1.1.2 already compiled and working with Kodi 19.
It has a few bugs like chapters not working for full UHD Blurays (BDMV/ISO)

Do you think you could take a look when you are done with HDR?
(2019-12-12, 12:04)jogal Wrote: Here it is:

Python2 x86 installer

Thank you very much. Every plugin works and the ambilight works too. Christmas is saved :-)

But two Things:
1. 4K in SDR works fine, HDR does not. The Screen is stuttering/stitching as explained earlier by someone else. I already installed the HEVC codec. Will update Win10 and Drivers, maybe ist something related to that ( Win10 64 Bit, 1809, Nvidia 1050Ti, HDR in Windows activated, nvidia Settings: RGB full 8Bit )

2. Quality looks a littlte degraded compared to Fandangos HDR Edition, more noisy , maybe something HEVC codec related

what Setting do I set, Pixel shader or dvxa ?

will Report back with updated Drivers/windows
ok, it wasnt the drivers or Windows updates, its the framerate

If I set in kodi to change framerate to match the file, I get the unwatchable stuttering/stitching
this only happens to HDR files
also I have to set the framerate in Windows to 60 fps, which introduces micro stuttering because of mismatched framerate

two Bugs:
1. reinhard tone mapping always activates after reboot, even when set to disable as standard
2. some SDR stuff looks really bad when Windows is set to HDR, for example the kodi intro file, especially the darker parts
(2019-12-13, 02:42)DVDRick Wrote: ok, it wasnt the drivers or Windows updates, its the framerate

If I set in kodi to change framerate to match the file, I get the unwatchable stuttering/stitching
this only happens to HDR files
also I have to set the framerate in Windows to 60 fps, which introduces micro stuttering because of mismatched framerate

two Bugs:
1. reinhard tone mapping always activates after reboot, even when set to disable as standard
2. some SDR stuff looks really bad when Windows is set to HDR, for example the kodi intro file, especially the darker parts
For some reason is not working (at all) in your system.

Frame rate switch not have trouble in other systems.
I think DXVA HW is not working by drivers issues or some strange setting in kodi.

Leave as default:
Render = Auto or DXVA  (DXVA is pred. in windows)

Update drivers and if you can Windows to 1903 or 1909.

Take into acount HDR only works correctly with DXVA acceleration.

First fine tune your system with normal Kodi and when works properly (auto frame switch, DXVA, etc.) install HDR version. Is not needed change any adjust.

Also if reinhard tone mapping it reactivates is because HDR rendering is not working.

Some useful lines you can also check in logs:
Quote:2019-12-13 10:34:48.454 T:10076  NOTICE: DX.DeviceResources:ResizeBuffers: 10 bit swapchain is used.

2019-12-13 10:34:48.813 T:10076  NOTICE: DX.DeviceResources.DetectDisplayHdrEnabled_Capable: Monitor HDR capable detected and HDR current state is ENABLED:

2019-12-13 10:35:19.271 T:10076  NOTICE: DX.DeviceResources.SetHdrMetaData: STREAM Static HDR Metadata => RP 0.680 0.320 | GP 0.265 0.690 | BP 0.150 0.060 | WP 0.313 0.329 | MAX ML 4000 | min ML 0.005 | Max CLL 1000 | Max FALL 419
(2019-12-12, 15:18)fandangos Wrote: Hey Jogal, what exactly did you change to have Python 2 with the latest updates?

And by the way, on my fork you can find libbluray 1.1.2 already compiled and working with Kodi 19.
It has a few bugs like chapters not working for full UHD Blurays (BDMV/ISO)

Do you think you could take a look when you are done with HDR?

Hi,

Python 2 have same HDR related code but applied in a previous version of Kodi 19 alpha (before the change to Python 3). Still not many important differences.

As for libbluray 1.1.2 I think I'm not interested because for my needs there is enough with the one that includes Kodi by default. (and I don't have much free time for more things) 

The HDR is being more complicated than I thought, not because of the function itself (which is almost done) but everything that implies merge into Kodi master branch.
(2019-12-12, 12:50)zappomax Wrote: Just installed this Kodi release and it's work pretty good! Tested some UHD HDR movies and my TV correctly switch in HDR mode. The image quality is perfect and not washed out like on Kodi 17.5. I also tested two HDR tv series and one (Games of thrones) works good in HDR mode but not the second (The Mandalorian): the tv doesn't recognize it like a HDR stream. The same, playng the episodes with  PowerDVD19. Only the embedded tv video player can reproduce that contenent in HDR. Why?
However I installed several video add-ons on this Kodi 19 and no one is working. Is this Kodi 19 so an early beta?

This is my configuration: TV LG 65OLEDB8, CPU i7-6700, GPU RTX 2070

I'm glad to hear that it works well.

As for The Mandalorian, keep in mind that all there is so far are WEB-Rips captured and re-encoded. Is a bad material for test HDR functionality.

The question of addons is a bit messy. Basically Kodi 19 is a pre beta, not released yet and all addons for Kodi 18 are not longer compatible with Kodi 19 (if addons developers does not upgrades it).

Read this: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-19-python-3-goes-live
Version 1.3.0
Updated at 14-12-2019 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Improved the detection of some HDR10 streams (The Mandalorian).
Improved handle of changes in metadata at middle of stream.

Have fun  Smile
(2019-12-13, 12:13)jogal Wrote: I'm glad to hear that it works well.

As for The Mandalorian, keep in mind that all there is so far are WEB-Rips captured and re-encoded. Is a bad material for test HDR functionality.

The question of addons is a bit messy. Basically Kodi 19 is a pre beta, not released yet and all addons for Kodi 18 are not longer compatible with Kodi 19 (if addons developers does not upgrades it).

Read this: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-19-python-3-goes-live 

First of all, let me thank U for the great work!
Just to know, why did U decided to base this fork on the Kodi 19 beta and not on the Kodi 18 stable?
Thx a lot!!
(2019-12-15, 17:13)zappomax Wrote: First of all, let me thank U for the great work!
Just to know, why did U decided to base this fork on the Kodi 19 beta and not on the Kodi 18 stable?
Thx a lot!!

Required code not available in v18 will only work on 19
(2019-12-13, 00:24)DVDRick Wrote:
(2019-12-12, 12:04)jogal Wrote: Here it is:

Python2 x86 installer

Thank you very much. Every plugin works and the ambilight works too. Christmas is saved :-)

But two Things:
1. 4K in SDR works fine, HDR does not. The Screen is stuttering/stitching as explained earlier by someone else. I already installed the HEVC codec. Will update Win10 and Drivers, maybe ist something related to that ( Win10 64 Bit, 1809, Nvidia 1050Ti, HDR in Windows activated, nvidia Settings: RGB full 8Bit )

2. Quality looks a littlte degraded compared to Fandangos HDR Edition, more noisy , maybe something HEVC codec related

what Setting do I set, Pixel shader or dvxa ?

will Report back with updated Drivers/windows 

Me too, my card is GTX 1660 too everything is updata.  The Screen is stuttering/stitching as explained earlier by someone else.
Hi, 
tl;dr : in my setup a clean fresh install works. Adding app data from 18.5 creates stutter. 

some feedback:
Tested on Intel NUC 8i3BEH + Denon AVX-2400H + Panasonic 65FZ800 OLED
windows 1909 almost fresh install

i normally run kodi 18.5 

installed 19 hdr 64 bit as a portable install in separate directory (as per Kodi wiki)
run once, to create appdate dir
copy 18.5 app data to 19 portable 

result : heavy stutter every 2 seconds, with progress bar appearing each time

had this with 1.3 and 1.2, python 3 and 2. (Each time new portable install, with 18.5 appdata )

installed the windows hevc decoder from Microsoft store. 
no change

did a clean portable install of 1.3 : success! Tv switches automatically to hdr. No stutter, Mandalorian & 2001 space odyssey work, colours are great.
(2019-12-16, 11:17)Petrus67 Wrote: did a clean portable install of 1.3 : success! Tv switches automatically to hdr. No stutter, Mandalorian & 2001 space odyssey work, colours are great.

Valuable information. As I supposed, people who have problems are because bad/strange/old settings in Kodi. With default settings is OK.

Especially Render method in DXVA or Auto  is important  (is the default)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2