• 89(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2021-02-27, 11:19)Oliver74 Wrote: if I understood correctly you have to leave the default NVIDIA settings and enable V-sync ("Use the 3D application setting".) That's right?

"Use the 3D application setting" is already the default option, so installing new Nvidia driver with personalized options tick checkbox "clean install" do it.

Also new driver 461.72 seems fix some Vsync related issues:
Quote:Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 461.72
  • [Blu-ray][HDMI]: Flickering occurs in Blu-ray playback when played over HDMI. [3221611]
  • Several desktop applications flicker when Vertical Sync is set to the default “Use the 3D application setting”. [3252186]
thanks for the info my problem is corrected.
Hello some 4K movies like Mad Max Fury Road or Wonder Woman 2017 have areas of too intense light on some scenes is this a setting to do on kodi, should I put the pixel shaders enabled or automatic. Samsung Qled Q95T TV thank you.
(2021-03-23, 13:05)Oliver74 Wrote: I put the pixel shaders enabled or automatic
If you are referring to "GUI Settings > Player > Render Method" this is unrelated and the best choice is Auto.

To improve (probably) picture details on zones of intense light and low light (shadows) you can try "limited - full - limited" chain setup (on both Kodi and TV).

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252023&page=4
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space

On TV change HDMI settings => video range from Auto / 0-255 / black level high    to    16-235 / limited / black level low      (it can have different names)

On Kodi GUI Settings > System > Display => enable "Use Limited Colour Range"
thank you for your reply

Llooking good on my samsung tv i don't have its settings below: To improve (probably) picture details on zones of intense light and low light (shadows) you can try "limited - full - limited" chain setup (on both Kodi and TV). On TV change HDMI settings => video range from Auto / 0-255 / black level high to 16-235 / limited / black level low (it can have different names) and on kodi 16-235? it doesn't change anything On Kodi GUI Settings> System> Display => enable "Use Limited Color Range" by putting on the Nvidia 0-255 card the image is more contrasted and the areas of light much less intense so I blame myself for a more balanced image.
Do you know if it will soon be possible to watch (native DV or tonemapping) dolby vision files on Windows with Kodi?
(2021-04-02, 07:20)lanzorg Wrote: Do you know if it will soon be possible to watch (native DV or tonemapping) dolby vision files on Windows with Kodi?

+1
All DV content is encoded with BT.2020, transfer PQ, HDR10 metadata + DV metadata.

So, by definition, is backward compatible with HDR10 and can be played currently in Kodi (Windows) as other HDR10 content (pass-through or tone mapped).
I have very weird colors when I watch these Dolby Vision files.
https://www.makemkv.com/download/dvtest/

Are they working properly on your setup?
(2021-04-02, 23:08)lanzorg Wrote: Are they working properly on your setup?

Tested these videos and all work as should.

This ones have perfect picture played in HDR10 mode (passthrough):

P7_MEL_GIJoe_The_Rise_of_Cobra.mkv
P7_FEL_GIJoe_The_Rise_of_Cobra.mkv
P81_GlassBlowing2_3840x2160@59_94fps_15200kbps.mkv

DV has some "special" profiles that are not backward compatible with HDR10, although these profiles never are used on commercial UHD Blu-Ray's for obvious reasons.

P4_LG_Dolby_Trailer_4K_Demo.mkv  ----> This are only SDR compatible.

P5_Dolby_Amaze.mkv ----------> This are DV only (is needed dedicated DV video decoder)

Again: these "special" DV videos does not exist on any UHD Blu-Ray disc.... are demos, etc..
(2021-03-28, 12:48)Oliver74 Wrote: Llooking good on my samsung tv i don't have its settings below

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+...lack+level
When choosing "Software" for "GUI Settings > Player > Render Method" then only 2 options are available for "Video Settings > Video Scaling Method" such as "Auto/DXVA" or "Auto/Bilinear". Does that mean that Kodi only supports these scaling algos or because of the CPU limitation ? When choosing "Pixel Shaders" then up to Lanczos 3 can be selected.
I have a new NUC11 with Intel i7 1185G7, 32GB RAM & Xe G7 graphics which should be able to play HDR .....

So far my experience is, that UHD content is very dark ...... I setup everything a described here in the thread.

Any ideas what to change, what to do .... what information you need to provide further help?
(2021-04-04, 15:59)NRWler04 Wrote: I have a new NUC11 with Intel i7 1185G7, 32GB RAM & Xe G7 graphics which should be able to play HDR .....

So far my experience is, that UHD content is very dark ...... I setup everything a described here in the thread.

Any ideas what to change, what to do .... what information you need to provide further help?

My TV is a SONY KD 48A9 ....
Do you have an HDR capable television or monitor?
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2