• 49(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-04-13, 22:15)jogal Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 21:43)punkey Wrote: Now getting repeated crashes on loading any 4K content. Logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/ahimifabic.kodi https://paste.kodi.tv/tedujoyize.kodi

Report issue to Plex people. I can do nothing with Plex addon. 
Cool, didn't know where the issue was so sharing with both
Using Jogals latest fork and i watched a couple 4k hdr films two nights ago and i was not connected to the internet and for the first time i think ever with hw (dxva) enabled i did not notice any stutter whatsoever.
This may help some with crash issues. For reference this is using a sony kd-75x8500c.

I followed the recommended settings and was having crashes upon start up. Program would load but after a few seconds would crash. Turned out to be Use full screen window = OFF setting. Once I changed it back to the default full screen window on, crashes stopped.

Then whne loading a 4k hdr movie, hdr would come on and tv would switch to hdr too, then it would once again crash before movie started playing. This would leave windows with HDR turned on.
I found that turning off any delay after reresh change fixed this. I tried the recommended 1.5 to 3 seconds and nothing worked. NO delay works perfectly and play back is rock solid now.
whats the difference in quality from this compared to dsplayer build , since i recon this dont support the great lav and mad filters
(2020-04-17, 01:11)judge25 Wrote: This may help some with crash issues. For reference this is using a sony kd-75x8500c.

I followed the recommended settings and was having crashes upon start up. Program would load but after a few seconds would crash. Turned out to be Use full screen window = OFF setting. Once I changed it back to the default full screen window on, crashes stopped.

Then whne loading a 4k hdr movie, hdr would come on and tv would switch to hdr too, then it would once again crash before movie started playing. This would leave windows with HDR turned on.
I found that turning off any delay after reresh change fixed this. I tried the recommended 1.5 to 3 seconds and nothing worked. NO delay works perfectly and play back is rock solid now.

Interesting will try this later and you can confirm no missed or skipped frames on playback?
(2020-04-17, 09:57)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2020-04-17, 01:11)judge25 Wrote:  

Interesting will try this later and you can confirm no missed or skipped frames on playback? 
None that I have yet noticed.
Hey guys,

Massive thanks to jogal for this!

I'm having a problem though, and not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
When I download certain addons, I'm getting a lot of dependency errors. For example when I go to download additional skins from the built-in repo, I frequently get the error:
"The dependency on script.skin.helper.widgets version 1.0.22 could not be satisfied".
I get similar errors mentioning other scripts.

I'm guessing that's because Kodi 19 uses Python 3, and most addons aren't updated to support this, right?

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm assuming the repo in this version of Kodi is the most up to date version, yes? If not, how do I install the latest official repo with addons which are most compatible with Kodi v19? I can't find many skins at all that are compatible, and I hate the default Kodi skin.

Will compatible addons be automatically added to the official repo as they become available? Or will we need to download a newer (unforked and un-HDR) version of Kodi?

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm a bit of a novice.
Thanks for any help!
In my case, the audio does not pass through automatically.The htpc is connected to av receiver Onkyo .When the movie start I need to turn audio pass through button manually of/on and it start to work.I think the problem is this a few seconds when the program switch the frame rate and hdr content.If somebody has suggestion.
@djcorvus :

Kodi 19 is in pre-alpha phase, this means it is constantly adding/changing features. So they change the APIs of the addons breaking the compatibility temporarily (even being both in Python3).

It is a bad idea to use external skins / addons while we are in this alpha phase. Some stability can only be guaranteed with internal components.

This is valid for both this HDR fork and the master branch (addons that don't work on this fork don't work on the master branch either).
(2020-04-18, 10:16)midas11 Wrote: In my case, the audio does not pass through automatically.The htpc is connected to av receiver Onkyo .When the movie start I need to turn audio pass through button manually of/on and it start to work.I think the problem is this a few seconds when the program switch the frame rate and hdr content.If somebody has suggestion.

Check settings:

In Player  "Sync playback to display" = OFF   and   "Adjust display refresh rate"  On Start / Stop

In System/Audio  "Audio output device"  to WASAPI default  and  "Passthrough output device" to same WASAPI default

(if system have more than one audio WASAPI device replace "default" with specific device name)
Version 3.6.0
Updated at 18-04-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Updated with latest master branch commits: ISO BluRay is now part of master branch, libdav1d, spdlog, inputstream bump API to v2.2.0 and many other changes.
No important changes in HDR code, only some fixes in log code after spdlog merge.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases

Have fun  Smile
On player settings same ,on system settings audio above hdmi WASAPI:receiver..... because on default not give dts-hd and dolby true hd. Strange thing
is this better than dsplayer , since dsplayer uses lav and madvr?
DSPlayer is better from a quality standpoint once properly working thanks to madvr, but for me this was easier to set up and I won't have to worry about future Kodi versions and addons.
ok good to know , guess im sticking to dsplayer version then
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2