•   
  • 91(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
Hi, is there any sticky that has the best optimal setting for HTPC running win10?
Thanks.
(2021-04-23, 10:27)Waterbottle23 Wrote: Hi, is there any sticky that has the best optimal setting for HTPC running win10?
Thanks.

There is a "RECOMMENDED SETTINGS" paragraph on the first post of this thread.
(2021-04-23, 19:05)lanzorg Wrote:
(2021-04-23, 10:27)Waterbottle23 Wrote: Hi, is there any sticky that has the best optimal setting for HTPC running win10?
Thanks.

There is a "RECOMMENDED SETTINGS" paragraph on the first post of this thread.
Thanks. 
Think those recommended settings were there when Matrix was still in development phase. 
Am already on those. 
Just wondering with the full release version of Matrix, is there other optimal settings. 
Win10 graphics setting by default we choose let video player decides. 
So am also thinking if that is the best option or we can load a tone map into Kodi.
hello friends I hope you can help me.
i have ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8 graphics
qled q70r Samsung 65 inch 4k hdr tv
benq tk850 4k hdr projector

the problem is that I don't know what range to choose on the pc, amd graphics, I get several options and only in ycbcr 4.2.0 it lets me select 10 bpc or 12
in the others only 8.

I knew that in sdr, full full rgb was chosen, in full kodi and in full tv or projector.
but in 4k uhd i have no idea

Please if you can help me.

everyone says that if the pc is in full rgb and 8 bits, in kodi when playing 4k hdr movies, kodi automatically switches to 10 bits, but when you do that and see in info the avr denon keeps saying 8 bits, what is the right way?

because if I put the pc in 10 bits, the 8-bit sdr movies will look bad in 10 bits
(2021-05-02, 18:51)Lobofer85 Wrote: everyone says that if the pc is in full rgb and 8 bits, in kodi when playing 4k hdr movies, kodi automatically switches to 10 bits, but when you do that and see in info the avr denon keeps saying 8 bits, what is the right way?

because if I put the pc in 10 bits, the 8-bit sdr movies will look bad in 10 bits
U can google about 4:2:2 vs 4:2:0 sampling. 
An example is here. https://www.digitaltrends.com/photograph...explained/
Previously I read before on either 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 and how many bits. 
In the end i vaguely recalled that 4:2:0 is good enough. 
Can’t remember all. 
But I can’t visually see diff.
  •   
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.