Subtitles on a OLED screen
Hi,
I've just bought an OLED C9 TV and I read a few concerns about image retention and burn-in risks about OLED panels. One of the risks seems to be watching subtitled contents because subtitles are often white static pixels appearing over and over so, since I usually watch subtitles contents, I was wondering if there's a way to change slightly the color of the subtitles appearing on the screen so that they are not the same every time. If not I use this post to ask if some developer can create ad addon able to do that?

Thanks.
Pino.
In Kodi 19 a dark(er) gray color for subtitles will be available. Perhaps that will help as well.
Rotating colors will not be an option at this time.
(2019-12-08, 11:00)Klojum Wrote: In Kodi 19 a dark(er) gray color for subtitles will be available. Perhaps that will help as well.
Rotating colors will not be an option at this time.

I see. I'll try that option once available. Thanks.

P.s.: And no way to implement this feature as a separate addon either? If I got it right the risk is related to the repeating color gradient so "always the same white" is as dangerous as "always the same gray" but I could be wrong.

Pino.
I don't know how 'deep' the subtitles display code is buried into Kodi, but if an add-on is an option, why not. PRs are welcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles on a OLED screen0