Solved Fresh Installed Kodi 18.5 Hangs on exit
Hi

I have a problem with my Kodi Installation, every time i exit Kodi it just hangs, i have left it for up to 10 minutes but it newer closes itself, i have tried to reinstall, purge all folders (roaming appdata and also make sure c:/program Files/kodi is empty) before reinstalling but nothing has helped, i see in the log it has problem with the version check but disabling that doesen't help at all 

Log with debug enabled (this is the 10 minute wait attempt) https://paste.kodi.tv/ukicubupeg.kodi

1. Version of Kodi. 

18.5 x64 (have also tried 32bit but same problem) 

2. Windows Version + Service Pack version (Vista SP1 / Windows 8.1 update 1 / etc.)

Windows 10 1909 Professional

3. CPU/Architecture (make/model and eg. 32 or 64 bit.)

Intel i3 9100F

4. RAM amount (2 GB, 512MB etc.)

16 GB 

5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)

Open Kodi, click power menu and then Exit , happens everytime

6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem

My GPU is a Nvidia Geforce 710, 2 gb vram, Driver version is 441.41

7. FULL Debug Log (see Section 3 below.) 

https://paste.kodi.tv/ukicubupeg.kodi

I appreciate any tips or insights in solving this, thanks!
FTL: CNetworkBase::NetworkMessage - Waiting for network services to stop

And in that we wait... perhaps for a response that never comes. (1 minute is enough). I did notice some audio issues, might want to check this Audio quickstart guide (wiki) against your set-up/ How are you connecting the hardware? Audio troubleshooting (wiki). If you have the time, a test with portable installation of vanilla Kodi, open & close would be enough to show functionality, or lack of the same which points back at hardware on a virgin install.
I tracked it down to a Kodi plugin not working.

There is a problem with the common plugin script (since 3 december), Kodi is waiting on a proces kill, what isnt happening (thats the reason why it takes this long)

Go to addons > disable kodi common plugin (script.common.plugin.cache) and Kodi works again like it used to. I guess they are fixing it soon since this is only a temporarely sollution.
For the record i tested this on 3 systems:

Kodi = 18.5 and 18.4 with and without pkscouts addon

1x windows 10 1803 on i3 8gig
1x windows 10 1809 on i5 8 gig
1x windows 10 1909 on i7 16 gig

Did the standard test routine,
  1. Delete addon PKscout = still problem
  2. Delete appdata folder (kodi) and delete kodi folder (program files) fresh setup, still having problems (similar to marhah) = problem
  3. Rerolled back to 18.4, with clean data = no problem.
  4. Updating from 18.4 to 18.5 = problem
  5. Looking in kodi.log what is happening, comparing the appdata's and seeing the change in common cache from 3 december.
  6. Disable common cache addon = no problem
Hi

Thanks for your tips, actually managed to get it to cease to crash on exit : disable the onboard realtek soundcard, (not a problem for me as there will be another soundcard that is currently in my old HTPC going in when im ready with everything) if it helps anyone i can provide more info on the soundcard / any other logs, but for me as long it works with the soundblaster z im good
Just for the record, my 18.5 install exits without crash. In the add-ons script.common.plugin.cache V2.6.0 by anxpanic and the collective (default settings) . Perhaps this is hardware oriented bug?
(2019-12-09, 19:44)marhah Wrote: works with the soundblaster z
Good to know most of the soundblaster installs I've dealt with have issues.
(2019-12-09, 22:38)PatK Wrote: Just for the record, my 18.5 install exits without crash. In the add-ons script.common.plugin.cache V2.6.0 by anxpanic and the collective (default settings) . Perhaps this is hardware oriented bug?
(2019-12-09, 19:44)marhah Wrote: works with the soundblaster z
Good to know most of the soundblaster installs I've dealt with have issues. 

Hmm i have actually always had great experiences with Creative's cards, but a lot of problems with Realtec, on my Maximus Hero Xi on my gaming rig i had no ends of trouble, bought a AE-5 and now everything just works, 

The realtec chip provides sound ,but popped in my old Z now and it works to and Kodi exits promptly, could be a problem with the realtek driver also, i see it also uses the crap-UWP type driver
(2019-12-10, 19:00)marhah Wrote: the realtek driver also, i see it also uses the crap-UWP type driver
Wouldn't surprise me, issues in the past with realtek drivers. It sounds like everything is hand with your set-up and your Kodi now exits properly.
Thread marked solved.
(2019-12-10, 20:49)PatK Wrote: Thread marked solved.

PatK,

Correct, i saw a update to 2.6.1 for common plugin, it solved all (my) problems.

Thank you (Kodi) guys for the quick fix Smile
(2019-12-10, 20:49)PatK Wrote: Thread marked solved.

I'm very sorry for awakening the zombie here, but in reading this thread I found a modern solution to the issue of Kodi hanging on exit.

I tried to follow this advice from @huubhuub 

Go to addons > disable kodi common plugin (script.common.plugin.cache) 

Only to discover that plugin wasn't installed on my Kodi (fresh install, new PC).

So I installed it and Kodi now exits normally.

Please delete if inappropriate to post, but perhaps it helps someone else.
(2021-06-20, 11:56)Draakir Wrote: perhaps it helps someone else.
Tips are always welcome, even if it's just one machine to try it on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh Installed Kodi 18.5 Hangs on exit0