Override ASS/SSA subtitle fonts
Hello everybody,

does the "Overwrite ASS / SSA caption fonts" option work someone´s in kodi 18.5?
I tried it in linux, windows and android box (all kodi 18.5), but nowhere does it work and will display the original font style settings. On a PC it would not matter, but on TV the subtitles are too small and I need to at least enlarge.
Could you help me please , where could be a mistake ?
(2019-12-10, 09:11)Amaimon Wrote: On a PC it would not matter, but on TV the subtitles are too small and I need to at least enlarge.

For regular .srt subtitles you can adjust the font size via System / Player / Language / Subtitles / Size.
ASS/SSA subtitles can also have sizes built-in, so you would be stuck with them.
I prefer to remove any ASS/SSA subtitles from video files, and use the simpler external .SRT subtitles myself.
(2019-12-10, 09:29)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-12-10, 09:11)Amaimon Wrote: On a PC it would not matter, but on TV the subtitles are too small and I need to at least enlarge.

For regular .srt subtitles you can adjust the font size via System / Player / Language / Subtitles / Size.
ASS/SSA subtitles can also have sizes built-in, so you would be stuck with them.
I prefer to remove any ASS/SSA subtitles from video files, and use the simpler external .SRT subtitles myself.
Hence the question about OVERRIDING the built-in sizes. Why is the feature even visible when clearly it doesn't work or has been broken for years.
You will likely need to upgrade to v19 to fix this as a lot of work was done for ASS subs. If you have a Windows system as the original poster did, then try v19 as a portable install so you can test without an existing install being touched.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Override ASS/SSA subtitle fonts0